blood clot

cwalton6140
cwalton6140 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
Hello - my PCa surgery was 3/3/06, have had chemo, radiation and hormmone therapy since then, and my PSA is "undetectable". But now I have a blood clot in my right leg and am doing 2 injections/day of Lovadex [?sp]. I wonder -- has anyone else had a blood clot? How can you tell how well the medication is "resolving" it? (I'll have another ultrasound July 12). And the thing seems, also to affect my bladder sphincter muscle with some pain, at nights. I don't see how that should happen. Puzzled!
best,
Craig

Comments

• fcatroneo
    fcatroneo Member Posts: 89
    Craig, glad to have you on the website, but sorry to hear about your blood clot. All I can tell you is when I had my surgery (12/27/06) there was a big concern about blood clots...especially in my legs. They wrapped my legs in a "wave motion" type wrap and mentioned to me over and over again when I was coming home to call immediately if I had leg pain or chest pains. I know it is a big concern since PC surgery is near the arterties going to the legs. That is all I can tell you. I hope you start feeling better.

Frank
  • cwalton6140
    cwalton6140 Member Posts: 2
    fcatroneo said:

Craig, glad to have you on the website, but sorry to hear about your blood clot. All I can tell you is when I had my surgery (12/27/06) there was a big concern about blood clots...especially in my legs. They wrapped my legs in a "wave motion" type wrap and mentioned to me over and over again when I was coming home to call immediately if I had leg pain or chest pains. I know it is a big concern since PC surgery is near the arterties going to the legs. That is all I can tell you. I hope you start feeling better.

Frank

Frank, thank you for your story and your encouragement. It could have been caused by the trouble in the lymph system in that leg, which already had lymphatic edema. For now all I can do is be careful, move around some, then keep the leg up, and do the injections twice daily. Take care !