NED and I have a trial separation!

kerry
kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Just got back from MD Anderson and the news is not AWFUL, but not good. Three months ago, NED and I began a beautiful love affair and now we are on the outs. We have decided that a temporary separation is in the works for us.

My lymph nodes are showing signs of activity. I have englarged nodes in the abdomen (mesentary), the aorta, near the kidney and near the thyroid. BUMMER!

Good news is that the liver remains clear, lungs are clear and all other organs are clear.

Bad news is that I have developed 2 more blod clots in the abdomen and will have to go on Lovunox shots (a blood thinner) twice daily which I will administer.

Well, once again, the doctor assured me we have caught this early - the nodes are very small (less than 1cm). The biggest concern is the clots.

So tomorrow morning I began a regimen of Xeloda and Lovunox shots and head back to MDA in two months.

We will survive!!

Kerry

Comments

• spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    Damn, Kerry... I go away for a month and you and NED start fighting... I'm so sorry, sweetie, but like the doc says, they caught anything nasty early. See you soon!

love ya!

- SpongeBob
  • kerry
    spongebob said:

Damn, Kerry... I go away for a month and you and NED start fighting... I'm so sorry, sweetie, but like the doc says, they caught anything nasty early. See you soon!

love ya!

- SpongeBob

Bob,

Seems I have this "hard headed personality" and apparently so does NED. We'll work things out! You know what I mean...wink, wink!

See you in Nashville.

Kerry
  • fedester
    fedester Member Posts: 753 Member
    Hi Kerry,
    Sorry to hear you and Ned aren't getting along. take care of yourself, and get ned back soon.
    Be well
    Never,ever give up!!!!
    Bruce
  • robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    Hi Kerry,
    Sorry to hear about your separation with NED. Xeloda and Lovunox sound like a poor consolation prize. Even if the names are more exotic! I hope this just turns out to be a small set-back and that you're back with NED soon. I'm currently spending time with Xeloda, as well as Avastin and Irenotecan.
    I really loved your website and pictures. I have 3 daughters around the same age as yours. They are such a blessing. No grandkids yet though...
    Have a good weekend anyhow!!
    Rob
  • catherine58
    catherine58 Member Posts: 92
    Oh Kerry, I am so sorry. What a bummer indeed. I don't know anything about Lovunox but, from what I've read, Xeloda is not so bad. Do hope this doesn't mean you will have to change your travel plans as I'm so much looking forward to meeting you in the autumn!

Courage!

Catherine
  • jerseysue
    jerseysue Member Posts: 624 Member
    You are such a trooper I hope you and Ned can get back together real soon.
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Kerry,

You know how sorry I am. I am so glad that everything has been discovered early. We will get together soon. My thoughts and prayers remain with you.

Hugs,

Kay
  • alta29
    alta29 Member Posts: 435 Member
    well, the thing is that NED and I are planning to have an affair in the next 2 weeks...(right after surgery)...but you know what ? I dont mind sharing...I will share him with you all...( I hope is a he)....You WILL get together soon...you bet !
    God bless
  • betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    Hey Kerry,for what I have seen you are a fighter,this is just another little bump in the road, to make you even stronger,you are in great hands at M.D. Anderson and you Dr. told you that it was caught in time,you are an inspiration on this board,and I hope to meet you at Nashville.God bless you
  • shallBfree
    shallBfree Member Posts: 1
    Kerry - Sorry about you and NED, but I know your great attitude will once again get you through. NED will be back, this I'm sure. Lifting HUGE and loving thoughts and prayers for you to God and the Universe.

Hugs,
    Katie
  • Betsydoglover
    Betsydoglover Member Posts: 1,248 Member
    Hi Kerry -

A strong-willed woman can usually get her man back! I'll be thinking of you and letting NED know that it is ok wit me if he dances with you too! (Afterall, he is so cute that we really need to share!)

Take care,
    Betsy
  • kerry
    fedester said:

Hi Kerry,
    Sorry to hear you and Ned aren't getting along. take care of yourself, and get ned back soon.
    Be well
    Never,ever give up!!!!
    Bruce

Bruce,

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts. "Give Up" is not in my vocabulary!! At our Palooza in Austin we did a group sing to "I Will Survive". That says it all.

NED and I will be back as a couple before long!

Thanks,

Kerry
  • kerry
    robinvan said:

Hi Kerry,
    Sorry to hear about your separation with NED. Xeloda and Lovunox sound like a poor consolation prize. Even if the names are more exotic! I hope this just turns out to be a small set-back and that you're back with NED soon. I'm currently spending time with Xeloda, as well as Avastin and Irenotecan.
    I really loved your website and pictures. I have 3 daughters around the same age as yours. They are such a blessing. No grandkids yet though...
    Have a good weekend anyhow!!
    Rob

Rob,

My girls are my saving grace. They are spectacular. I have too much to live for, so I am in this race to win!! The doctor says the cancer I have is very "small" and we will just have to manage it. We treat it as a chronic disease, like diabetes! So, we continue on.....until we find the CURE.

Thanks for your kind words.

Hugs,

Kerry
  • kerry

Oh Kerry, I am so sorry. What a bummer indeed. I don't know anything about Lovunox but, from what I've read, Xeloda is not so bad. Do hope this doesn't mean you will have to change your travel plans as I'm so much looking forward to meeting you in the autumn!

Courage!

Catherine

Catherine,

I have my flight and hotels and I will be in England and we will have a great time!! I've already told my doctor of my plans and asked to do whatever he has to, to work around them!!, and still keep me healthy.

Can't wait to see you.
  • kerry
    jerseysue said:

You are such a trooper I hope you and Ned can get back together real soon.

Sue,

You my dear are a trooper as well!! NED and I will visit frequently, I'm sure...and then perhaps have a heavenly permanent relationship. I am so looking forward to seeing you soon.

Hugs,

Kerry

P.S. Is you sister still in SA?
  • kerry
    Kanort said:

Kerry,

You know how sorry I am. I am so glad that everything has been discovered early. We will get together soon. My thoughts and prayers remain with you.

Hugs,

Kay

Kay,

Let's do lunch SOON! I can't remember the name of the doctor.....

Talk to you this week.

Kerry
  • kerry
    alta29 said:

well, the thing is that NED and I are planning to have an affair in the next 2 weeks...(right after surgery)...but you know what ? I dont mind sharing...I will share him with you all...( I hope is a he)....You WILL get together soon...you bet !
    God bless

Alta,

I knew NED was after someone else!!! Hey, enjoy! As fickle as he is, he is still nice to have around!! I know he'll come visiting soon....the Gigilo he is!!

Be well..
  • kerry
    betina61 said:

Hey Kerry,for what I have seen you are a fighter,this is just another little bump in the road, to make you even stronger,you are in great hands at M.D. Anderson and you Dr. told you that it was caught in time,you are an inspiration on this board,and I hope to meet you at Nashville.God bless you

Hi Betina,

I truly believe I am in good hands at MDA. They literally save my life 2 1/2 yrs. ago and we are right now at "very little cancer" in the body. Great cancer center and I can't say enough good things about them.

We can never give up. We must do what we have to do to stay alive and wait for the CURE!

Can't wait to see you in Nashville!!

Kerry
  • kerry

Kerry - Sorry about you and NED, but I know your great attitude will once again get you through. NED will be back, this I'm sure. Lifting HUGE and loving thoughts and prayers for you to God and the Universe.

Hugs,
    Katie

Katie,

Thanks for your kind words and thoughts. We all fight this disease together and that is what makes this site such a special place. We help make each other stronger.

Kerry
  • kerry

Hi Kerry -

A strong-willed woman can usually get her man back! I'll be thinking of you and letting NED know that it is ok wit me if he dances with you too! (Afterall, he is so cute that we really need to share!)

Take care,
    Betsy

Betsy,

Strong-willed has been my vice occasionally!! But I usually get my man back! I will always share NED with my CSN friends. You dance, I dance, you dance, etc.... He is really, really nice to have around.

Thanks, Betsy...my best to you.

Kerry