Nervous about lung biopsy

Hanac
Hanac Member Posts: 55
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hello All,

My husband and I are meeting with the surgeon in a few hours for a consult about a possible biopsy of a lung "spot". Any words of wisdon regarding what questions I should ask? (CT scan showed three spots...two were 8mm and one was 3mm.)

Thanks!

Hana

Comments

• goldfinch
    goldfinch Member Posts: 735
    Hana,
    Not sure about what questions you should ask, but I wanted to let you know I had a lung biopsy and the procedure really went well. I was a bit anxious, I must admit, but everyone, from the radiology doc who did it to the orderly who brought me up really put me at ease and it all went smoothly.
    Mary
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Hi. just want you to know that I hope everything turns out ok for you and prayers for a negative biopsy if you need one.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Well, question from the 'day late' sector....

Do they THINK they are suspicious? Or just to be 'watched'?

Hugs, Kathi
  • shmurciakova
    shmurciakova Member Posts: 906 Member
    I had 2 spots removed from my lung back in 2004. They did turn out to be cancerous but they were successfully resected and I have been cancer free ever since then. I hope that gives you a bit of hope for your husbands outcome.
    The surgery is not the easiest thing, but obviously the results can be very promising! How long have you been watching these three nodules?
    Good luck and best wishes,
    Susan
  • Hanac
    Hanac Member Posts: 55
    Thank you all for your replies and well wishes. The bad news is that they are too small for a needle biopsy. The good news is that they don't want to take a wait and see attitude...(They are suspicious because they weren't there last year) So...they are going in...On June 5th,and taking the 8 mm suckers out. Fortunately they are in a good location for removal and we can see what is going on. The bad news is that it is a three day hospital stay...BUt Hey...they treat you nice and give you good drugs!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Hanac said:

Thank you all for your replies and well wishes. The bad news is that they are too small for a needle biopsy. The good news is that they don't want to take a wait and see attitude...(They are suspicious because they weren't there last year) So...they are going in...On June 5th,and taking the 8 mm suckers out. Fortunately they are in a good location for removal and we can see what is going on. The bad news is that it is a three day hospital stay...BUt Hey...they treat you nice and give you good drugs!

mmmmmmmm, Demerol, Dilaudid...hey! The GOOD stuff starts with a D???

Lol!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Hi Hana,

I have several lung spots that have been watched for several years. The largest was biopsied in 04 and turned out to be a hamartoma....something benign. It is good that the oncologist is being proactive and they are able to be removed. Praying that all goes well.

Hugs,

Kay
  • lfondots63
    lfondots63 Member Posts: 818 Member
    Good vibes for the proceedure. It is good that they are taking action and NOT doing the "wait and see". That would drive me nuts. HUGS.

Lisa F.
  • sladich
    sladich Member Posts: 429 Member
    Hana,

I have no experience but will be interested on what happens. I have a small spot - 7mm - that they are watching in my upper left lung. I'll probably have to get a biospy at some point. Good luck.
  • vinny3
    vinny3 Member Posts: 928 Member
    Hanac said:

The fact that they are accessible and they are taking them out is great. It beats "waiting and watching" Are they doing it with scopes? That makes the recovery much quicker and with less pain. We will pray that they are benign. That will make it less likely that the 3 mm one is one to worry about.