Hello

warprin
warprin Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hello I'm Lorraine. I'm a rectal cancer survivor. This is the first spring that I have been pain free in four years. Looking forward to getting on with my life. I would like to meet others who have gone through what I have. Finding it difficult to move forward and enjoy my life, feels like my feet are in quick sand and they won't move. Anyone know of any fun events for singles?

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Welcome to the semi-colons!

Rectal stage III here. 2 years as of...WOW! tomorrow!!!!!

What was causing your pain? I haven't had much since my last partial obstruction (sigh...#6) about 6 months ago. I'm an expert...all but one I cleared myself...lol!

Fun events? How about the colonpalooza in Nashville in September?

Hugs, Kathi
  • moniquebar
    moniquebar Member Posts: 57
    Hello Lorraine,

Welcome. I'm a colon cancer survivor. I was happy to read that, after four years, you're currently pain free. That must be a great relief. Although I've endured this journey for just over a year, I too find it difficult sometimes to move forward and enjoy my life. As far as the singles' life goes--where are you located? Are there any volunteer groups that you can join?

Monique
  • kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    KathiM said:

Welcome to the semi-colons!

Rectal stage III here. 2 years as of...WOW! tomorrow!!!!!

What was causing your pain? I haven't had much since my last partial obstruction (sigh...#6) about 6 months ago. I'm an expert...all but one I cleared myself...lol!

Fun events? How about the colonpalooza in Nashville in September?

Hugs, Kathi

The Colon Palooza would be a great place to start. There will be a few singles there who are survivors of CRC. Please come join us in Nashville in September (12 - 16) Check out previous postings for the details - or I'm sure Stacy will be posting another info message soon.

Kerry
  • sladich
    sladich Member Posts: 429 Member
    kerry said:

The Colon Palooza would be a great place to start. There will be a few singles there who are survivors of CRC. Please come join us in Nashville in September (12 - 16) Check out previous postings for the details - or I'm sure Stacy will be posting another info message soon.

Kerry

What is the Colon Palooza? Can anyone attend?