Wound Infection Update - Surgery

nudgie
nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Saw my surgeon yesterday (29 Mar) and my post-op wound infection is not healing properly even with antibotics and flushing the wound, so I will be in the hospital on Friday to re-opem 2-3" of my incision to properly drain the infection. He also stated that the re-opening area would remain open to heal. Meaning the wound would heal from the inside out.

I just started back on the treadmill and now I have to stop again. I know it is only a hurdle that I will jump, but I was hoping for NO hurdles this time.

All prayers and good thoughts will be accepted.

Comments

• msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Good luck with the upcoming surgery and wound healing. If it's not one thing, it's another, huh? Hopefully this will solve your problem and move you further down the road to recovery. Hopefully your family has plans to bring you some interesting food while you are in the hospital!
    Mary
  • vinny3
    vinny3 Member Posts: 928 Member
    Although it seems like a setback it is good that they are going to do something on it so it can heal. This time will pass. You are doing well overall and we plan to keep it that way.
    I'm thinking positively for rapid healing.

• hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Best wishes and positive thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. You'll feel a lot better once it's properly taken care of! God Bless
  • Monicaemilia
    Monicaemilia Member Posts: 455 Member
    At least this time the purpose is 'healing'. After all you have gone through, this is just a blip. You will definitely be in my prayers. Monica
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    You know they are being sent, dearheart!

I know it seems so endless, but before you know it, all of it will be like a bad dream...and you will be done with doctors and hospitals.
    Remember the lesson learned from your fight...there is NOTHING more important than your body...and health is within reach...just a little longer...

Hugs, kathi
  • Patrusha
    Patrusha Member Posts: 487
    Prayers going out for you, nudgie. An open wound is kinda cool, watching it heal from the inside out, a little bit each day. Hey, when else will you ever have a chance to see that happen, eh? You have to roll with these punches and try to get whatever you can out of them, that's my philosophy.

I "watched" my open wound heal for two weeks. It was pretty cool. Everybody else just got to watch the stitches heal. Nah nah nah nah nah!