radiation/chemo finished

MarkWalz
MarkWalz Member Posts: 58
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I just got back from my last chemo and radiation treatments. I remain tired and sick to my stomach but that will change soon. I lost weight, but I had it to lose. I will have my CT scan on April 17 to make sure this is all gone. I am counting on it. Thanks for your prayers.
Mark

Comments

• katienavs
    katienavs Member Posts: 88 Member
    Congratulations! I'm sure you will be feeling better very soon. And what a nice feeling to not have to carry the pack around anymore. Go celebrate when you're feeling up to it! Good luck with the CT scan.
  • jana11
    jana11 Member Posts: 705
    Hurray!!! Hope the next scan brings more reasons to celebrate!! You will feel better each day. jana
  • Betsydoglover
    Betsydoglover Member Posts: 1,248 Member
    Hi Mark -

That is such good news. Every day will be better and better, I am sure. Best wishes for your scans.

Betsy
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Congrats on finishing treatment. Rest and get your strength back. Good luck and prayers for NED ct . Keep us posted & God Bless.
  • jams67
    jams67 Member Posts: 925 Member
    So happy you are at the end of your treatment!
    Will continue praying for all of us.
    Jo Ann
  • JADot
    JADot Member Posts: 709 Member
    Mark,

Congrats on this huge milestone!!! How do you plan to celebrate? I think you have to get yourself a gift-to-self to mark this momentus occasion!

Again, congrats!
    Ying
  • Doreen65
    Doreen65 Member Posts: 52
    Mark ........... Congratulations on finishing I know its a great feeling but also a scary one to feel like your not protected anymore. Will be keeping you in my prayers also. Doreen
  • jerseysue
    jerseysue Member Posts: 624 Member
    Once you are done feeling sick to your stomach make sure you take a bit of time to celebrate!
  • MarkWalz
    MarkWalz Member Posts: 58
    jerseysue said:

Once you are done feeling sick to your stomach make sure you take a bit of time to celebrate!

thanks, when I do feel like eating again I will celebrate. this nausea is terrible. this is much worse than the first time. I think the radiation being so close to my stomach has caused.