NED!!!!!

msccolon
msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I just returned from the oncologists' office. My PET showed NO EVIDENCE OF DISEASE! I didn't realize just how concerned I was until the relief came from the good news! We are going to continue with Avastin every 3 weeks, to keep me NED as long as possible! I was initially diagnosed with stage IIIB, had the resection, FOLFOX, which had to be stopped after 3 treatments and we continued with just 5FU and Leucovorin the remainder of the 6 months, then my cancer reoccurred in 2006, with a soccer ball sized tumor on my right ovary. We (I say we as if I did more than lay on the table looking mighty sexy while the doc did her stuff!) took out all the female stuff, along with my omentum, and various other miscellaneous items. I just completed the 6 months of FOLFIR which I tolerated fairly well, certainly better than the FOLFOX! The Oxaliplatin and I just didn't get along at all! Anyhow, I am so thankful for the NED and am looking forward to getting myself back in shape (yea, I lost a bunch of weight while the tumor was growing in my abdomen, but managed to put it all plus on during the treatments!) Now I have to get myself back to fighting weight!

Comments

• jams67
    jams67 Member Posts: 925 Member
    Yeah!!! This news rocks!!!
    I just found out today that my scans were clear also. Know just how you feel!!!
    I too have to workout, seems like I'm always starting over on that. At least I can start over and I'm so very happy about that today.
    Jo Ann
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    wooohoooooo. Am so happy for you. Enjoy! That's terrific news. God Bless
  • betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    Congratulations on your NED report,is a great feeling, I got my good news last Friday so I khnow how you feel.
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    jams67 said:

Yeah!!! This news rocks!!!
    I just found out today that my scans were clear also. Know just how you feel!!!
    I too have to workout, seems like I'm always starting over on that. At least I can start over and I'm so very happy about that today.
    Jo Ann

Jams, congrats as well! Great news
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    betina61 said:

Congratulations on your NED report,is a great feeling, I got my good news last Friday so I khnow how you feel.

Congratulations to you, Betina and Jo Ann. Stay fit, healthy and keep on kickin' butt.
  • vinny3
    vinny3 Member Posts: 928 Member
    That's wonderful news. We especially like it to come in bunches (you, Betina, and Jo Ann). Keep it up. I will be tested in several weeks and hope to be able to say NED also.

• Betsydoglover
    Betsydoglover Member Posts: 1,248 Member
    Great news!

Betsy
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    Fantastic news -- congratulations. And we seem to have a flurry of good news (jams67, betina61) -- great! Yea! Thanks for sharing your wonderful news with us. And thinking of those with upcoming tests (like ****/vinny3).
  • Monicaemilia
    Monicaemilia Member Posts: 455 Member
    Great news!! Don't forget to do the dance. Monica
  • nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    CONGRATS on being NED. The standard for being NED is KATHIM's HAPPY NAKED DANCE.
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Congratulations on NED scan results to you, Betina, and Jo Ann. We are all waiting to hear the same from ****'s tests.

Hugs,

Kay
  • impactzone
    impactzone Member Posts: 551 Member
    Congrats! i love to hear good news!
    impactzone
  • jerseysue
    jerseysue Member Posts: 624 Member
    Congrats! I love hearing about NED!
  • jana11
    jana11 Member Posts: 705
    Hurray!! Do that naked happy dance with NED - he is such a hottie!! I am incredibly happy for you. jana
  • jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    What good news on this board today! Congrats on the GREAT results. I have to say, 3 years out from treatment, and a year of working out, and my tired old self is in great shape (the best in years and years!) Good luck to you! Judy
  • goldfinch
    goldfinch Member Posts: 735
    What wonderful news! Congratulations!
    Mary
  • alta29
    alta29 Member Posts: 435 Member
    oh yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Thank you so much for all your responses! and especially to those who shared their stories of NED as well! It really is good to hear so many good results in the fight against this beast!
    Mary