In Recess

ron50
ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi to everybody,
Happy birthday kanga (how do you manage to get a holiday). I'm basically posting to say that I don't know when I will talk to you again. The day I have been dreading has finally arrived. I am moving out of my home into a little two bedroom flat. I still have no idea why my wife has ended our marriage but I have accepted it. It has cost me a great deal emotionally and financially. You would probably be horrified at the generosity of the financial settlement I gave her. I came oh so close to comitting the the final act but lying in my back yard seconds away from oblivion I realised just how hard it is for a cancer survivor ,particularly a long term one,to give it all up. I don't hate my wife ,in fact I still love her very much. I love all of our pets some of them are over 14 yrs old. So I based my decisions on what I could live with. We had to have a solicitor to input our claim thru the family law court . He was happy that we had worked out a mutual compromise tho he was a little worried how he would sell the settlement to the court . There is a little clause that says the court can reject settle ments that are not fair and equitable. I gave several reasons eg our pets having to go=put down if we sold the house and split everything. I finally said to him ,mate how much do you think I need ,I was given a couple of years to live ten yrs ago and my health is a lot worse now than then. He smiled and said "That'll convince them". Strange man but he did our whole settlement for $700.00. so I can't complain.
I don't know when or if I will have a puter again so until I appear again my kindest regards to all of you . I wish you you all good health and the strenghth do deal with your trials. It really isn't about cancer it's life we are struggling to survive.
Good luck Ron.

Comments

• HowardJ
    HowardJ Member Posts: 474
    Ron,

Take care of yourself. You've made it through the toughest thing you'll ever have to get through. You can get though this as well. It won't be fun, and it won' be easy, but you will get through it.

Howard
  • fedester
    fedester Member Posts: 753 Member
    ron,
    i am so sorry to hear of your troubles. i too on occassion have had bad thoughts,but when i saw how much i have fought to beat this cancer i said no. now you have to take care of yourself, not easy but you must. you have been a fighter and must continue to do so for yourself.
    good luck to you in the future, come back when you can. you have been and continue to be a great inspiration to everyone here.
    be well
    never,ever give up!!!!
    bruce
  • alta29
    alta29 Member Posts: 435 Member
    Ron
    For whatever reason...you are one of my favorite here....(but I love u all !!! )...Plerase if u ever need to talk to someone e-mail me....I'm sending you to your private mail my personal e-mail and phone #.... dont go thru this alone....Remember when u where dx ??? I rmembere4d when it happened to me...I remember talking to God, and asking me to take everything else from me...my house...my belongings etc....your 2 bedrooms should be your palace...things WILL get better....you have been my inspiration and for your I'm not the only one that can say that....
    God bless you...
    Ileana
  • jerseysue
    jerseysue Member Posts: 624 Member
    Hang in there remember there is a reason for everything! Stay positive I know you only from your posts and you seem like a wonderful person. Stay positive!
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Best of luck to you Ron. We will miss you. Hopefully, you'll be back on in no time. Keep the faith and as Fedester says, never, ever, give up. I know it's difficult, but stay positive and remember that new beginnings can bring joys and hopes that we never even imagined were possible. God Bless and be well.
  • suezav
    suezav Member Posts: 42

Best of luck to you Ron. We will miss you. Hopefully, you'll be back on in no time. Keep the faith and as Fedester says, never, ever, give up. I know it's difficult, but stay positive and remember that new beginnings can bring joys and hopes that we never even imagined were possible. God Bless and be well.

ron, i hope things get better for you very soon. i just wanted you to know what an inspiration you have been to me and to so many others. when my daughter was dx with stage 3 rectal in april 05 at the age of 22, your postings caught my eye immediately because you had the same stage and were a long term survivor. you've had so many encouraging words for newbies and i just wanted to thank you for giving me hope. i do hope you can find access to a computer before too long because i'm going to be thinking about you and praying you find peace in your new life. you've been down a tough road before. please come back as soon as you can.
    susan
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    Ron, I am so sorry to know about the very sad moments that you are going through, but as time passes I'm sure things will start to look much better,please keep in touch with all your friends here, I will never forget all the hope you gave about 7 month ago when I posted here for the very first time, I read and read your reply,because gave so much. I wish you all the hapiness that you deserve, and hopefully when you come to this site again,everything is fine for you. Lots of hugs to you.
  • Sam725
    Sam725 Member Posts: 87 Member
    Ron,
    Sorry to hear what's going on right now in your life, but remember when one door closes another one opens, so just think of all the wonderful things that are gonna happen now that the new door is opening! Think positive and remember to take care of you.
    Sandy
  • 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    dearest Ron,

Mate, I wish you the best and am VERY glad you changed your mind as you lay there in your backyard. How difficult this all must be. My heart goes out to you.

You were the very first person to answer my post 5 years ago and I will always remember that. :-)

Please come back as soon as you can. In the US you can use computers in public libraries. Hope you can find one every so often to check in.

Take care and you will remain in my prayers.

peace, emily