Good news!

changing
changing Member Posts: 134
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Thank you all for your prayers...they have been answered! Got a clean CT scan and CEA has gone to 1.7! To re-cap, dx'd 7/06, sigmoid ca and had left hemi done for stage 3c. Found 16 of 20 nodes were cancerous. CT was clear. However MD noted CEA was 4.8 before and after surgery, so had Pet which showed 1.5 cm node in pelvis and surgeon decided to leave it for chemo to take care of......CEA did start to recede after chemo begun. Had folfox6 for 8 tx and had to go down to 25% of the dose for last 4 tx's due to decreased health. BUT here I am....meeting with NED and what an honor to meet him:) Next follow up in 3 months. Will continue to surf here and pray all goes well for you and yours. Thanks again for all your prayers and support. I know I'm not out of the woods yet and cancer sure has a strong hold in my family...but I can see the edge of the woods from here, and as I walk out, I'm sure I'm not leaving, a day sooner, than planned:)

Comments

• jams67
    jams67 Member Posts: 925 Member
    Great news! Thanks for letting us know. I will continue to pray for all of us. Jo Ann
  • cahalstead
    cahalstead Member Posts: 118
    Wonderful news! I'm happy for you!!!
  • katefm
    katefm Member Posts: 112 Member
    Great news! Thanks for sharing it with us. I love to hear success stories! You continue to be in my prayers.
  • valeriec
    valeriec Member Posts: 348 Member
    Great news. Enjoy NED, and I'll continue to keep all on this board in my prayers. Keep surfing here and let us know how you are doing!!
    God bless-
    ValerieC
  • Faith4Cure
    Faith4Cure Member Posts: 405 Member
    I am so happy for you!! Enjoy life!
  • alta29
    alta29 Member Posts: 435 Member
    wwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Mine will be next week....please keep me in your prayers.....
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    Excellent! Congratulations! And thank you for sharing the joy with us.
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Great news. I'm so happy for you. Thanks for sharing it. Enjoy NED !!
  • CAMaura
    CAMaura Member Posts: 719 Member
    SO very happy for you! Hope you are celebrating!
  • pink05
    pink05 Member Posts: 550
    Great news!!!

I am very happy for you!

God bless,

-Lee-
  • changing
    changing Member Posts: 134
    Thanks for all your kind thoughts and wishes!