My Husband passed away

Tessyann
Tessyann Member Posts: 56
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
It is with a heart broken heart that I am witting this to let you all know my husband Ben passed away this morning at around 6:30 am

Ben has battled stage 3 that had recurred 4 more times including now for 14 years
A few weeks back we where told it had returned again this time not only in his pelvic but in both lungs. When having a port installed we found out that Bens only working kidney his right one( he lost the use of his left one in 96 ) was failing. He had been in the hospital just shy of 2 week and had tubes placed both in his side to his kidney and from his kidney to his bladder and the toxin level in his blood was getting better. So much so he might have been able to come home this weekend and was to start chemo in 2 weeks. When for reason unknown he died this morning in his sleep.

The last thing I told him last night when we spoke on the phone before bed was how very proud I was of him and how much I loved him and couldn't wait till he came home.

Ben would have been 53 tomorrow Feb 18th
I am 46
We have been married just shy of 26 years
and have 3 children and 2 grandchildren

Comments

• MCarr
    MCarr Member Posts: 20
    I am sorry for your loss, and it sounds like Ben was a courageous man that you should be very proud of.
    We will keep your Family in our thoughts and prayers.
  • vinny3
    vinny3 Member Posts: 928 Member
    Tessyann,

So sorry to hear that Ben passed. I have been following your recent posts and had been hoping he would be fine. He put up a great fight and was very lucky to have you help him in it. He is at peace now and I hope that you and your family will find comfort in that. You are in our prayers.

• betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    Tessyann,I am so sorry for you and your family, how brave your husband was fighting this desease for 14 years, and still willing to continue fighting in just 2 weeks, is amazing, probably he was doing it for you and your family, but maybe God love him so much that he didn't wanted him to suffer anymore, and he passed away so peacefully, it is so hard to loose a love one, but I pray that God give you peace and acceptance. Betina
  • moniquebar
    moniquebar Member Posts: 57
    I am very, very sorry to hear of Ben's passing. Though I am happy to read that he passed in his sleep with little or no pain. It sounds as if he was very loved.

Best wishes,
    Monique
  • jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    Oh, (((((Tessyann))))))
    I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's passing. His courage in the face of this disease has been amazing. My sympathy to you and your family; he sounds like quite a wonderful man.
    Wishing you comfort, Judy
  • alta29
    alta29 Member Posts: 435 Member
    {{{{{{ so sorry }}}}}
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Your husband was a very brave man to battle this monster for 14 years and you are a very courageous woman. I'm sure he was just as proud of you as you were of him and I'm just as sure he is at peace now and I pray it may be of some consolation to you to know that he is no longer suffering and is in a much better place. May God Bless you and keep you in His care always.

My Deepest Sympathy,
    Diane
  • chynabear
    chynabear Member Posts: 481 Member

I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Your husband was a very brave man to battle this monster for 14 years and you are a very courageous woman. I'm sure he was just as proud of you as you were of him and I'm just as sure he is at peace now and I pray it may be of some consolation to you to know that he is no longer suffering and is in a much better place. May God Bless you and keep you in His care always.

My Deepest Sympathy,
    Diane

Tessyann,

We have to trust that God had a better plan that we may never understand for your very couragous and brave husband. Fourteen years is a heck of a fight. I cried when you wrote what your last conversation ended with.

I pray that for you and your family to find peace and comfort in knowing that he no longer has to fight and is in no more pain. I pray that you will find strength to carry through.

With Sympathy,

Tricia
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    Tessyann -

i am so sorry to learn of your loss. iknow nothing any of us can say or do right now will make you feel any less saddened, but just know we're here for you - and we hope you will continue to come here and be among friends.

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

- SpongeBob
  • fedester
    fedester Member Posts: 753 Member
    hi tessy,
    i am so sorry to hear of your loss.
    your husband was a strong person.
    my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    be well
    bruce
  • lfondots63
    lfondots63 Member Posts: 818 Member
    Oh Tessyann,

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Please come back when you can to this site knowing that we will still be here to support you.

Lisa F.
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    Ben was indeed a very strong man with an absolutely wonderful wife. I am saddened by the news of his passing but love that you got to talk to him just hours before. He fought so hard for so long. I will remember him and continue the fight in his honor if that is okay with you.

Lisa P.
  • Betsydoglover
    Betsydoglover Member Posts: 1,248 Member
    Tessyann -

I am so terribly sorry to hear this. Your husband fought a good fight and you were a great wife to him.

I am so very sorry that this happened.

Take care,
    Betsy
  • jenalynet
    jenalynet Member Posts: 361 Member
    Please know that I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers..Audrey
  • carmen07
    carmen07 Member Posts: 120 Member
    I am so sorry to you and your family. I have been thinking of you and Ben and was praying that everything went well with the surgery that Monday.
    Your husband was a fighter and I pray for you and your family. May the fond memories you share together help you heal with your grief. If you ever need to talk please email me.
  • 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    (((((((Tessyann))))))),

I am so very sorry that your husband has passed away.

My prayers go out to you and your family.

How wonderful that you could have 26 years together and share the added joy of experiencing grandchildren.

I hope you find comfort somewhere and somehow in the weeks and months to come.

peace, emily
  • NWmom
    NWmom Member Posts: 80
    Tessyann,
    We are so sorry to hear of your loss. Our prayers are with you and your family.
    God Bless,
    Carl and Heather
  • pink05
    pink05 Member Posts: 550
    Tessyann,

I am so sorry to hear of your husband's passing. Please know that you and your family are in my prayers.

God bless,

-Lee-
  • mtpat7
    mtpat7 Member Posts: 20
    May you find comfort in knowing that Ben touched the lives of so many others and gave them the gift of many happy memories. May these memories help bring you through this sad time. Rest in knowing that you and Ben had 26 years together and your last conversation was still sprinkled with love, admiration and hope.
    You have my deepest sympathies.
    Pat
  • nanuk
    nanuk Member Posts: 1,358 Member
    he was indeed fortunate to have you and your support. I never know how to respond to this kind of post.. I am alone in my fight, and I often wonder how it will all end; like Ben, you just don't know..With the exception that you didn't have the opportunity to say goodbye,his passing in his sleep is a blessing to you both when I consider the suffering I have witnessed on this board over the years. he is my prayers. Stay here and help others.. bud