lump in armpit....Hodgkin's?

michellelg
michellelg Member Posts: 2
Hi, I'm 21 and have been having a reoccuring lump in my armpit for over a year now. I had surgery to remove it in April because it was the size of a golf ball and painful. It started coming back in a different lymph node this time but still in the armpit. It is about the size of a cherry now and tender but not too painful. I saw a Dr. yesterday who said it is probably a cyst and I'm seeing a surgeon tomorrow who will likely biopsy it. After doing research online yesterday and today I'm reading that this is sometimes a symptom of Hodgkin's Disease, has anyone had this same symptom? what was the outcome? thank you!

Comments

• Jackiepie
    Jackiepie Member Posts: 4
    Hi Michelle,
    While a swollen lymph node may be a symptom of Hodgkin's it does not neccesarily mean you have it. I was diagnosed with stage 4 Hodgkin's and I had no swollen lymph nodes. The biopsy will tell you if you have it or not. Good luck.
    Jackie
  • darkhorse58
    darkhorse58 Member Posts: 4
    It's good to get it checked out. You're doing the right thing. I had Hodgkin's in my neck in two places, and just below nearby the thyroid or bile duct or something. Anyway, none were visible. The glands grew inward into my throat where there was less resistance, were in my chest, or were buried under muscle. By the time I was diagnosed, I'd had symptoms for years and the original lymphoma in my throat was the size of a golf ball. Also, it had spread to about a dozen lymph glands on my left side above my neck. So many lymph nodes effected required more chemo. Blech! If you catch it early, they can do local radiation or much less chemo. Of all the cancers, Hodgkin's lymphoma has about the best cure rate.