It Can Happen!!!!!!

scouty
scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I was given the ole "you only have 2-3 years to live" almost 3 years ago with a stage IV, mets to the liver and left lung diagnosis. I was 49 at the time and had always thought I was "pretty healthy", NOT. If you want any more specifics of my particulars, read my web page on this site.

Anyway, I researched, followed solid nutritional science, listened to my body and am very fortunate, blessed, and lucky to be NED (no evidence of disease) for the last year without following the usual treatment paths. Yes, I have always been a little unique and it doesn't bother me.

I just wanted to share with each and every one of you that you can beat the **** cells (cancer is not a single thing, it is many, many mutated cells that need to be attacked from multiple angles)!!!!!! Just remember that no 2 of us react to any treatment the same, but that doesn't mean you can't tweak and tailor make your individual treatment plan/plans. I worked very, very hard at mine and have had success thus far. YOU CAN TOO!!!!!!

I sincerly wish that for you all in 2007!!!!!

Have a happy, healthy New Years and an even better 2007.

Lisa P.

Comments

• 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    It can happen without chemo too!!

i am living breathing proof that you do not have to do any chemo to aquire a date with NED. Of course that does not mean you don't do anything....at least that was my case. (and scouty's).

I was told that I had a 30% chance of living 5 years without the chemo and it went up only to 60% if I did the chemo. What they didn't know was that I already had an arsenal at my fingertips: My Champion Juicer. HA! I'd say we beat the odds, eh scouty??

Let's CELEBRATE! WOOHOO!

Happy New Life in 2007 to all the Awesome Semi-colons!

cheers!

peace, emily who tips her carrot juice to your health in the New Year!
  • Douggie
    Douggie Member Posts: 29
    So you guys are saying that you were stage IV and didnt get chemo. But you are NED now because you got a juicer?
  • scouty
    Douggie said:

So you guys are saying that you were stage IV and didnt get chemo. But you are NED now because you got a juicer?

Hi Douggie,

I did do chemo for 8 months in 2004 but it had stopped working and the side effects were really getting to me. According to my CT scans and my oncologist I had 4 active tumors when I stopped chemo and completely changed my diet and much of my lifestyle (much more then just juicing!!!!). Over the course of 2005, my lung met went from being called a lesion to looking like I had just had a bout of pneumonia to completely gone. My 2 liver mets became less conspicuous over the same time frame and are now consided treated mets and are slowly going away. Surgery had never been an option for me but after a year of my new approach, I finally had my surgery last January (2 years after my diagnosis). My lung, liver, and lumph nodes all were clean but they did find a tiny tumor where my original rectal tumor had been. The surgeon got great margins with the foot he took out. If you read my personal web page, you will learn more if you want to.

Feel free to ask any questions you have. My intent was to give everyone hope that just because you are stage IV does NOT always mean what the stats and some docs say!!!!

Lisa P.
  • 66Rose
    66Rose Member Posts: 58
    2bhealed said:

It can happen without chemo too!!

i am living breathing proof that you do not have to do any chemo to aquire a date with NED. Of course that does not mean you don't do anything....at least that was my case. (and scouty's).

I was told that I had a 30% chance of living 5 years without the chemo and it went up only to 60% if I did the chemo. What they didn't know was that I already had an arsenal at my fingertips: My Champion Juicer. HA! I'd say we beat the odds, eh scouty??

Let's CELEBRATE! WOOHOO!

Happy New Life in 2007 to all the Awesome Semi-colons!

cheers!

peace, emily who tips her carrot juice to your health in the New Year!

Hi Lisa and 2bhealed!

I invite you to vist my journey on my webpage and see whaere I have been and where I hope to go! www.runlizrun.com. 2bhealed(sorry I do not know your name) I sent you an e-mail through this website, I would love to tak to you.

I have dediced to decline post surgery Chemo, after reading my story you will see what I did before surgery. I ordered the book you recomended "Beating Cancer with Nutrition" Love it! I also found a great book that just came out in 2006. "Cancer: Step Outside the Box"

I am very excited and motivated to beat this cancer without anymore Chemo!

I look forward to sharing with you all!

Liz
    Tempe, AZ
    www.runlizrun.com
  • Douggie
    Douggie Member Posts: 29
    scouty said:

Hi Douggie,

I did do chemo for 8 months in 2004 but it had stopped working and the side effects were really getting to me. According to my CT scans and my oncologist I had 4 active tumors when I stopped chemo and completely changed my diet and much of my lifestyle (much more then just juicing!!!!). Over the course of 2005, my lung met went from being called a lesion to looking like I had just had a bout of pneumonia to completely gone. My 2 liver mets became less conspicuous over the same time frame and are now consided treated mets and are slowly going away. Surgery had never been an option for me but after a year of my new approach, I finally had my surgery last January (2 years after my diagnosis). My lung, liver, and lumph nodes all were clean but they did find a tiny tumor where my original rectal tumor had been. The surgeon got great margins with the foot he took out. If you read my personal web page, you will learn more if you want to.

Feel free to ask any questions you have. My intent was to give everyone hope that just because you are stage IV does NOT always mean what the stats and some docs say!!!!

Lisa P.

whats your url?
  • vinny3
    vinny3 Member Posts: 928 Member
    Douggie said:

whats your url?

Doug,
    From your start page just go to the user directory and type in the name ( like scouty) and it will give you a link to the webpage. It is very specific regarding caps or not.

• scouty
    vinny3 said:

Doug,
    From your start page just go to the user directory and type in the name ( like scouty) and it will give you a link to the webpage. It is very specific regarding caps or not.

thanks doc!!!!!! and a happy new year to you sir!!!
  • 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    Douggie said:

hi Douggie,

I was Stage 3 and was advised to do adjuvant chemo post surgery. I declined.

You can read my webpage on here.

So yes, I have been NED for over FIVE years having NEVER done the chemo and JUICED FOR LIFE!

There are no guarantees in life. This worked for me very well. Chemo did not work for my sister who died of intestinal cancer at 33 years young. It didn't work for my aunt who had breast cancer and it surely didn't work for my grandfather either. With those family statistics I decided that I was going to have a different outcome based on a different approach.

Chemo does not line up with my healing philosophy on how the body works. Chemo does line the pockets of the drug companies and the doctors and everyone who is in the biz. I opted out of the biz. A different choice and one that I have never regretted. I have lined the pockets of a few carrot farmers and my coop though! haha!

peace, emily who wears her orange skin with pride! :-)