SEVERE, SEVERE BACK PAIN STILL

FRANTIC
FRANTIC Member Posts: 106
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hello and merry Christmas to all. I feel guilty
coming on this network to complain of my pain.
I had kyphoplasty surgery done last Tuesday for my
compression fratures of the spine.I have been in bed for the last 3 days on very strong pain narcotics. I am in agony with my back still. I know I have alot to be thankful for with the results of my tests showing NED. However this back spasms and pain are very debilitating. My family ended up coming to my house today and doing
all the cooking to make the best of the holiday.
I ended up calling the DR.yesterday who is still awaiting the results of the piece of bone he took for the biopsy. He states my spine is so soft that
anything can cause a fracture in another area. The pain is excruciating. Don't know what else to do but vent. Sorry. Your friend Fran

Comments

• AuthorUnknown
    AuthorUnknown Member Posts: 1,537 Member
    Please check your mail on this site!
  • vinny3
    vinny3 Member Posts: 928 Member
    Hi Fran,

So sorry to hear that you are still having so much pain. Do they have you on any meds for osteoporosis? It seems that those sometimes may lessen the pain once you have been on them for awhile. Sometimes a nerve stimulator, like a TENS unit helps as well.

I hope they come up with something to lessen the pain. Don't feel guilty about complaining about your pain. We would all like to help.

Your friend, ****
  • nanuk
    nanuk Member Posts: 1,358 Member

Please check your mail on this site!

I am not familiar with your particular diagnosis or surgery, but empathathize with your pain; back pain is horrible, and probably the worst kind of pain imaginable; I hope your surgery helps. Bud
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Hi Fran,

I am so happy to hear of your NED status but am sorry to learn that you are still experiencing such terrible pain.

I pray that time will lessen the pain. Please know that we care about you and wish you better days.

Hugs,

Kay
  • JADot
    JADot Member Posts: 709 Member
    Oh Fran,

I am so sorry to hear about the pain. Did the doc say if this level of pain is expected post surgery? Is there anyway they can give you anthing else or additional to ease the pain?

You're not complaining and we're here for you! I am beaming some healing vibes your way!

~~~~heal~~~~heal~~~~~

Ying