Spit Fistula (esophagostomy)

mistyt
mistyt Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Stomach Cancer #1
Hi Everyone,

I was trying to find people who have had (or know people who have had) a spit fistula? (esophagostomy)

Thank you in advance,

misty

Comments

• CIS_Admin
    CIS_Admin Member Posts: 12
    Hello,

You may want to do a search of the CSN website (by entering key words such as "spit fistula" into the search bar at the top of the website). If you find someone you would like to contact, you can do so through the internal CSN email system.

For more information on all of the CSN features, including the CSN internal email, click on the "help" link at the top of this page.

Take care and be well,

Dana
    CSN Dana
  • chrispaul
    chrispaul Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2017 #3
    Spit Fistula

Hi Mistydy, wanted to reach out regarding you question about a spit fistula. I was 45 when I came out of surgery with one in my neck. A hole, so anything I ate or drank came out of the hole after it initially healed. feel free to contact me at ea4a.usa@gmail.com

• rartagame
    rartagame Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2019 #4
    How to lived with spit fistula bag outside the comforts of home

My husband is living with a spit fistula. He is on his forties. He doesn't like dining out anymore because he doesn't feel comfortable with people looking at him. We always have a disposable plastic drinking cup as his spitting cup. if He doesnt  spit it ou he feels like he is going to choke. He would wear shirts with a scarf to his drain. Any pointers ?