Doctor Declares Cure

2bhealed
2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hey all you awesome semi-colons!!

Well, yesterday was my 5 year colonoscopy and nary a polyp was found and the surgeon declared me CURED!

I didn't post right away because I had to allow that to sink in for one, and for another, do we EVER really believe that we are cured and that it won't come back? Even if posting this I think, what if.......

But bud encouraged me to post it and so here I am telling my world!

For those who do not know me I was a Stage 3 lymph positive colon cancer survivor who opted out of the chemo not having one treatment ever. Never.

I chose instead to use Western diagnostics and Eastern Medicine which included my foundation of juicing organic veggie juices to the tune of 3 quarts a day. I detoxed, tweaked my diet, had acupuncture, took chinese herbs, and went for weekly massages, bodywork, and counseling. For 6 months. And worked hard at it. I reignited my yoga practice and kept on exercising. I ended toxic relationships and avoided new ones.

And I discovered, as we all have, the wonderful community of semi-colons who have allowed me my soap box to spread my message of hope and healing.

I want you all to celebrate with me and I thank you for being on this forum. I learn so much about cancer, it's standard treatments, and the courage you all have to face your daily battles. thank you for allowing me to witness your stamina and endurance in the face of adversity.

Thank you.

I raise my carrot juice to my cancer compatriots!

peace, emily who continues to juice no matter what......

Comments

• jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    HOOOOOORRRRAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!
    What great news, Emily!! Let me be among the first of very many here to offer congrats on reaching this milestone and thanks for all the help you have provided to us on the way.
    Keep up the good work and enjoy! Judy
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • vinny3
    vinny3 Member Posts: 928 Member
    That's wonderful news Emily. You are an inspiration to all of us. I hope you keep posting and helping us through the struggle.

• alta29
    alta29 Member Posts: 435 Member
    Wow !!! That sounds soooooo good...Enjoy the good news and God bless....
  • Limey
    Limey Member Posts: 446 Member
    WOW, I am honored to congratulate you for your hard work and positive attitude. You have helped me so much in my recent struggle. Your are an inspiration to be and you bring belief that hope is NEVER all lost but just looking to be found. celebrate
    Mark
  • CAMaura
    CAMaura Member Posts: 719 Member
    Congrats, Emily! All the best to you and keep up all the good work - Maura
  • chynabear
    chynabear Member Posts: 481 Member
    CAMaura said:

Congrats, Emily! All the best to you and keep up all the good work - Maura

Emily,

You are an inspiration to us all! I believe with all my heart that you are one of the first, if not he first, who sent me on my nutrition journey to health and healing.

I am so happy and excited to hear this news and grateful that you share this message with us.

It is a good day!

Tricia
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Man oh man oh man oh man!!!!

YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA!!!!

Naked happy dancing with NED!!! and with his buddy CURE!!!!!!

I am smiling from ear to ear, emily!!!!

Great, big, happy, happy, hugs!!!!
    Kathi
  • betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    Congratulations on the WONDERFUL news,cured sound so much better than NED,I am very happy for you and for all of us because when we read this posts is like an injection of hope and positive thoughts.Thanks for being there for all of us.ENJOY your life. Betina
  • Moesimo
    Moesimo Member Posts: 1,072 Member
    WoooHooo!!!!!

Cured!!! What a wonderful word. I am so happy for you. You have been an inspiration to all.

Maureen --- who will raise her glass for you and it won't be carrot juice.
  • goldfinch
    goldfinch Member Posts: 735
    Wow!!
    COngratulations emily! I knew it could be done. And how appropriate that it starts with you! I'm so happy for you!
    Mary
  • kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Congratulations Emily! Thanks for all your encouragement AND for your courage to do it your way. It took a lot of work, dedication, patience, but it worked for you.

Many many more NED years for you!

Kerry
  • Glv49
    Glv49 Member Posts: 206 Member
    Emily,
    Congratulations!! That is so wonderful... what an inspiration you are to all of us.. I hope to hear those fantastic words someday too. Have a wonderful Holiday Season.. and go live Cancer Free and Cured!!

Gail in PA
  • RunnerZ
    RunnerZ Member Posts: 185
    Emily, Congratulations!!! What a great landmark in your life. I remember that day...now it is time to live the rest of your life in peace while encouraging others to seek the same. I am so happy for you.
  • debralla
    debralla Member Posts: 203 Member
    Glv49 said:

Emily,
    Congratulations!! That is so wonderful... what an inspiration you are to all of us.. I hope to hear those fantastic words someday too. Have a wonderful Holiday Season.. and go live Cancer Free and Cured!!

Gail in PA

Emily.
    What wonderful news .
    Thanks for sharing it with all of us .
    Take Care and God Bless.
    Debra.
  • Lisa Rose
    Lisa Rose Member Posts: 598 Member
    RunnerZ said:

Emily, Congratulations!!! What a great landmark in your life. I remember that day...now it is time to live the rest of your life in peace while encouraging others to seek the same. I am so happy for you.

Congratulations Emily ~ wishing you all the best now and always.

Lisa
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!! YAHOOOOOOO

CELEBRATE HONEY!!!!!!!! You so deserve it.

Isn't it something that you, Stacy and Sponger all celebrated your 5 year cure marks this year!!!!!!!

Hugs sweetie and see you in the spring!!!!!!

Lisa P.
  • fedester
    fedester Member Posts: 753 Member
    hi emily,
    great news!!!! go celebrate!!! how about alittle vodka in the carrot juice only kidding!!!
    keep up the good work. you are always here for all of us, please continue to be part of this great forum!!!. i know i have gotten thru alot because of caring people like yourself and the other members of my extended family here.
    semi's rock!!!!!!!
    be well
    bruce
  • StacyGleaso
    StacyGleaso Member Posts: 1,233 Member
    EMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am SO happy for you! I send the warmest wishes for many many more years of good health to come!!!

Hugs,
    Stacy
  • HowardJ
    HowardJ Member Posts: 474
    Excellent news! Celebrate!!

Howard