x-ray results, good

crazylady
crazylady Member Posts: 543 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi Everyone,
Thank You all for your posts. I really appreciate the support!
It turns out that I have some arthritis in my hip, no cancer in that area. Yeah!!!
My onc was very excited, telling me it's only arthritis! I have to say that although I agree it's strikes me as odd to be excited about having arthritis and pain. Cancer really puts a strange skew on the way we think or at least the way I think!
Take care,
Jamie

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA!!!!

Still ANOTHER naked happy dance....

Oops, threw my hip out...can I join you later????

Yes, it IS strange when we are happy about something that in other people, not touched by the beast, would be devastating! I was saying to someone "Well, after all, it was JUST plain old normal breast cancer"....she burst out laughing...

Hugs, Kathi
  • finner
    finner Member Posts: 230 Member
    KathiM said:

YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA!!!!

Still ANOTHER naked happy dance....

Oops, threw my hip out...can I join you later????

Yes, it IS strange when we are happy about something that in other people, not touched by the beast, would be devastating! I was saying to someone "Well, after all, it was JUST plain old normal breast cancer"....she burst out laughing...

Hugs, Kathi

Jamie thats's wonderful. Phew, what a relief. Sorry about the atrhritis though. I hope that you can get pain under control.

Best wishes
    Margo
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    Jamie -

Congrats on having arthritis (you're right... that's pretty weird). I got arthritis in my hands as a result of chemo. I amcurrently taking "Clinoril" for it. Clinoril is also used as a suppressive therapy against the recurrenceof colon cancer. It has been shown to be more effective than Celebrex in inhibiting recurrences - something to talk to your onc about.

- SB
  • nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    I hate to say CONGRATS!!!! on having arthritis, but it's alot better and happier than the other. I am with KathiM, let's all do her NAKED HAPPY DANCE.
  • goldfinch
    goldfinch Member Posts: 735
    Yahooooooooooooo!!!
    Mary
  • vinny3
    vinny3 Member Posts: 928 Member
    That's wonderful news. If the pain in the hip continues they may be able to do an injection to help.

• lfondots63
    lfondots63 Member Posts: 818 Member
    Hi Jamie,

Yes we are all a strange bunch hoping for what "normal" people get. Happy dance here too. I'm glad it is "only" arthritis. HUGS and hope the pain is regulated soon.

Lisa F.
  • jams67
    jams67 Member Posts: 925 Member
    Now breathe and go celebrate life.
  • pink05
    pink05 Member Posts: 550
    Jamie,

That is great news. Now you can relax after all of that!!!

God bless,

-Lee-