A FAVOR?

spongebob
spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hey, everybody -

A good friend from the Colondar isn't doing well, see the e-mail from a friend of hers below. Michele was the June 2006 model (http://www.colonclub.com/Michelle_Cervone.html) and, as you can see is in need to some divine intervention. Can you send a prayer her way or, if you are not inclined to pray, send some good karma/vibes/ju-ju/etc. Thanks.

- SB

Mich's doing ok. She's not getting better though. She's down to 100lbs., they removed more of her intestine, her ovaries, scraped her peritiam(?), burned spots on her liver, & clipped some of her bladder. She has 4 ft of small & 1 ft of large intestine remaining. She's currently living with a ileostomy bag which doesn't allow the necessary nutrients in her system so she has to hydrate on a daily basis. The Doctors may give her a feeding tube to help her gain weight before she starts chemo. It's been hell for her!! I wish there was a miracle cure for everyone who has to deal with cancer!!! It's so emotionally and physically draining.

She says she hasn't been replying to her emails or phone calls. She's been pretty depressed and has been put on Lexapro to try to get her mood stabilized. Yesterday she was not well...her blood pressure dropped to 80 over 50 and she felt very faint. We just don't know what to do to get her to feel better.

I sent an email to Choose Hope requesting they add your link to their website. I just ordered 100 colon cancer wristbands for friends and family to wear to show their support. I'm hoping that Paula from Choose Hope adds The Colon Club because you guys really helped Michelle deal with the disease when she was first diagnosed. Thank you sooo much for that! She's a great girl and I hate seeing her go through all this pain and suffering!!!

Comments

• StacyGleaso
    StacyGleaso Member Posts: 1,233 Member
    Consider it done. Whenever someone stumbles from this disease, it affects ALL of us, regardless of if we know them personally or not.

My heart, prayers and energy go for her to get through this hard time.

Stacy
  • spongebob

Consider it done. Whenever someone stumbles from this disease, it affects ALL of us, regardless of if we know them personally or not.

My heart, prayers and energy go for her to get through this hard time.

Stacy

Thanks, Stacy...
  • tennislover
    tennislover Member Posts: 64
    I will be praying for her and her family. Praying very hard.

Heather
  • crazylady
    crazylady Member Posts: 543 Member
    Sending positive thoughts and energy her way!
    Jamie
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Oh, Bob....my heart is full, and it's spilling out of my eyes! What a terrorist this beast is!!!!
    I will be praying, and will also let the gal know who's church has a 87% survival rate going for all the cancer warriors on their prayer list (Interesting, the average age of these people is 72.....).
    Hugs to you AND to Mich.
    Kathi
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • spongebob
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

Heather, Jamie, Kathi, Babs -

Thanks for your prayers.
  • Lisa Rose
    Lisa Rose Member Posts: 598 Member
    spongebob said:

Thanks for your prayers.

Our thoughts & prayers are with Michele and her family at this time.

Lisa Rose
  • debralla
    debralla Member Posts: 203 Member
    spongebob said:

Thanks for your prayers.

Bob.
    Michele will be in my thoughts and Many PRAYERS .
    Take Care and God Bless.
    Debra
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    I am so sorry Michele is going through such difficult times. There is power in prayer. She will remain in my heart, thoughts, and prayers.

Kay
  • scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    I'm with the rest!!!!!! Huge southern thoughts and prayers from Whitsett.

Lisa P.
  • AuthorUnknown
    AuthorUnknown Member Posts: 1,537 Member
    I will pray for Michelle. You may want to look at the past post about Protocel for what I was chastised about here. But it could help her. Let me know if you have questions about it.
  • HowardJ
    HowardJ Member Posts: 474
    My thoughts are with your friend....

Howard
  • goldfinch
    goldfinch Member Posts: 735
    Sending some good karma to Michele and her family and friends.
    Mary
  • betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    Hi Spongebob, just to let you know that I will be praying for Michelle, I pray the Holy Rosary every morning I wake up at 5 a.m. to join a group of peple that pray the Rosary during a radio program,you call and give the name of the person that you want to put in the "chain of Prayers" and I will do that for Michelle this coming Monday, let us all have our best wishes for her so that a miracle will happen, and with faith any thing is posibble for God nothing is imposible.
  • kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Bob,

Michelle will be added to my prayer list. I just pulled out my 2006 Colondar and looked at her sweet face. This disease is just awful. The semi-colons have powerful prayers - we are here for Michelle.

Kerry
  • tkd3g
    tkd3g Member Posts: 767
    Hi Sweetie,

Michele, please know that we are sending out the most wonderful, warm, loving, supportive hugs and vibes to you. You could say that many many strangers are praying for you, but the truth be told, we aren't strangers. We are all connected by the most difficult of things. We instantly embrace one of our own, in good times as well as difficult times.

We pray for you. We cry for your pain. We surround you with positive energy and unending love. Please know you are in our thoughts and in our hearts.

Michele, may God grant you the power to find the strength and peace that already lies within you.

I pray for you.

Barb
  • spongebob
    tkd3g said:

Hi Sweetie,

Michele, please know that we are sending out the most wonderful, warm, loving, supportive hugs and vibes to you. You could say that many many strangers are praying for you, but the truth be told, we aren't strangers. We are all connected by the most difficult of things. We instantly embrace one of our own, in good times as well as difficult times.

We pray for you. We cry for your pain. We surround you with positive energy and unending love. Please know you are in our thoughts and in our hearts.

Michele, may God grant you the power to find the strength and peace that already lies within you.

I pray for you.

Barb

Barb/Elaine, Kerry, Betina, Mary, Howard, Eleanora, Scouty, Kay, Debra, Baby Lisa -

Thank you guys so much for your thoughts and prayers. I plan to pass this string along to Michelle so she can see that there are so many people pulling for her.

thanks, everyone

- SB
  • fedester
    fedester Member Posts: 753 Member
    hey brother,
    michele is in my thoughts and prayers.
    god bless her.
    be well
    bruce
  • Betsydoglover
    Betsydoglover Member Posts: 1,248 Member
    Prayers for Michelle.