gbm cancer

karlakkl
karlakkl Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Brain Cancer #1
this has to be the worst cancer that takes your love one mind i cry every day scince 5/12/06 please talk to me

Comments

• Frankiezimm
    Frankiezimm Member Posts: 2
    I have GBM Also 1 st surgery 1/4/06 second 04//24/06 they say I am doing great. every 6 weeks clear MRI's But wonder too when will I be normal?? I am still on chemo now 3 weeks on 3 weeks off. it does help to talk to others with same thing. e mail me I will be your brain cancer buddy, I have hhad one since the day I started radation.
  • smystied
    smystied Member Posts: 2

I have GBM Also 1 st surgery 1/4/06 second 04//24/06 they say I am doing great. every 6 weeks clear MRI's But wonder too when will I be normal?? I am still on chemo now 3 weeks on 3 weeks off. it does help to talk to others with same thing. e mail me I will be your brain cancer buddy, I have hhad one since the day I started radation.

Hi Frankie,

I was diagnosed Sept 2005. I had the surgery that removed 95% of my tumor. After seven weeks of chemo and radiation my MRI's continue to be clean. Although the initial prognosis was grim, I have given my life to Jesus. I had six months of chemo 5 days out of everymonth. At the end of June I finished this round of chemo. So far all of my MRI's have been clean. I still take Deppra twice a day to prevent seizures. So Far everything is ok. Some days I feel lost others I feel great but I know the Lord has something else in store for me.
  • AdamR
    AdamR Member Posts: 2
    smystied said:

Hi Frankie,

I was diagnosed Sept 2005. I had the surgery that removed 95% of my tumor. After seven weeks of chemo and radiation my MRI's continue to be clean. Although the initial prognosis was grim, I have given my life to Jesus. I had six months of chemo 5 days out of everymonth. At the end of June I finished this round of chemo. So far all of my MRI's have been clean. I still take Deppra twice a day to prevent seizures. So Far everything is ok. Some days I feel lost others I feel great but I know the Lord has something else in store for me.

My mom started symptoms Oct. 4th. Was told today that it is GBM. Starting Radiation Nov. 1st. Hers is too deep to operate. They want to start Temodor today, but it costs $10,000 for the 1st 42 days. I don't have it, she is 61 w/no ins. Waiting on Medicaid application thru Social Security. Any tips on getting this now?
  • AdamR
    AdamR Member Posts: 2
    Don't know much to say right now, my mom just got diagnosed & we are getting started. It stinks, it sucks, makes you want to scream or chop wood or something to get the anger & frustration out. You will hear a lot of suggestions to include prayer. Of all things suggested DO NOT IGNORE THE SUGGEESTION OF PRAYER!! It's for you. Tell God in your own words what you feel & think. Don't hold anything back, He listens. Then ask Him to show you how to go forward. My name is Adam, I receintly retired from the USMC, My dad died at in 2000(58 yrs old). My 4 month old daughter died 19 years ago. My 15 year old son just survived an AVM(brian surgery due to bleeding) this past July. But God is still good & He is in control. We just need to spend more time talking with Him. -Adam
  • JennyN
    JennyN Member Posts: 2

I'd like to find a penpal for my daughter. she is 18 with a gbm. First surgery in March 06 and second surgery in May 06. She had radiation and temodar between the 2, but it grew back so had the second surgery. she is now on gleevac/hydrea. thanks, let me know if you are interested.