theotherhalf
theotherhalf Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Brain Cancer #1
hello, I am new here, my husband is 44 and was dx. in June w/ an astercytoma mixed with ogliodendroglioma cells.
currently he is undergoing a 6 week round of radiation and then after he completes that, he will have a 5 week rest period before he starts with chemo. the choice of chemo has not yet been chosen.
Is there anyone here who has or is going through this and can poss. give me a heads up as to what I can do to make this as painless for him?
I have a generalized idea, my mom had lung cancer, but brain tumors are a new and different area.
thanks for any help,
Brooke

Comments

• janinemah
    janinemah Member Posts: 53
    first off..I'm so sorry your family is having to go through this. My mom has brain cancer. its glioblastoma multiform grade IV..I dont know alot about the types of brain cancer...I just wanted to say hang in there..I know its not easy.
    you might want to check out the chat on the web site. its really good and you'll meet people who at least understand what your going through.
    Janine
  • theotherhalf
    janinemah said:

first off..I'm so sorry your family is having to go through this. My mom has brain cancer. its glioblastoma multiform grade IV..I dont know alot about the types of brain cancer...I just wanted to say hang in there..I know its not easy.
    you might want to check out the chat on the web site. its really good and you'll meet people who at least understand what your going through.
    Janine

thank you janinemah!
    I am sorry to hear about your mom, she has the next grade away from my husband. so I understand what you are going through, my thoughts and prayers are with you both.
    ~ I checked out chat last night and it was very nice, everyone so welcoming and just overall very nice.
    hugs,
    Brooke
  • jbenglish1
    jbenglish1 Member Posts: 6
    I am 43 years old and I received the same diagnosis in 1999 and I am still here. I was diagnosed with a 6 cm tumor in my frontal lobe of my brain. The tumor consisted of astercytoma mixed with ogliodendroglioma. I had an operation, radiation, and then chemo. I have never felt better. You tell you husband to keep a positive outlook. It makes all the difference in the world. Good Luck.
  • theotherhalf

I am 43 years old and I received the same diagnosis in 1999 and I am still here. I was diagnosed with a 6 cm tumor in my frontal lobe of my brain. The tumor consisted of astercytoma mixed with ogliodendroglioma. I had an operation, radiation, and then chemo. I have never felt better. You tell you husband to keep a positive outlook. It makes all the difference in the world. Good Luck.

thank you for your post, I am sure you understand how hearing a testimony like yours gives us hope.
    we still have the chemo route to get through, but so far, everything has been going well.
    again, thank you