Just diagnosed

alihamilton
alihamilton Member Posts: 347 Member
Hi, I have just been diagnosed with Grade 1 Follicular Lymphoma...that is all it says on lab reports following biopsy. I have been reading alot on the net and, though so many people are telling me it is one of the better cancers to get (!!), I am also reading that it is hard to cure and tends to recur. I would really appreciate some encouragement right now. I am feeling fine apart from post surgery effects.(the lymph nodes are in my mesentery). I have no night sweats, fevers and so on, though I do have a red patch on my arm. My blood works are good.My husband was dx Stage 111C rectal cancer three years ago and is doing well, but this is a blow for him and I am afraid it might set him back. I will be seeing the oncologist next week to see what treatment he has in mind.

Comments

• joeace
    joeace Member Posts: 1
    hang in you are only in stage 1 that aint bad stage 4 is the worst just do what the dr says adn youll be fine stick to it i been fighting this now since 2001 it aint that bad really
  • tmorgan
    tmorgan Member Posts: 1
    I have also just been diagnosed with grade 1 or 2 follicular lymphoma. Like you, I have had no real symptoms.I have had one major surgery and a biopsy. I am waiting for the results of my biopsy and a PET scan today. My doctor thinks I may need to do chemo due to the potential of some agressive cells he thinks he saw in an earlier biopsy. I have been told that these low grade lymphomas are hard to cure but can be put into a regressive state or remission for many years. My doctor says he has several patients that he has been only watching, with no treatment for over 15 years.