collogen after the Sling

bajakid
bajakid Member Posts: 38
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
I had RP almost two years ago and have a problem with Incontinence. I was going to get collogen injections but the doctor talked me into getting the Sling surgery. Well that didn't work. Now I am thinking of collogen injections again. When I went to the V/A they didn't seem interested in doing it. I am military retired so I can go to any military hospital. I don't know if it is at all fesible to get the collogen after the Sling. Any thoughts?

Comments

• omarisan
    omarisan Member Posts: 27
    Hi. You mentioned that you are retired military. I was just wondering if you are eligible for Tricare for Life? If you are, I couldn't imagine why you would be going to a MTF or VA. You would be surprised of the number of TFL eligibles who are not aware of the program. I found several who are using (Heavens forbid) Kaiser. Of course, I retired 25 years ago which made me eligible. Good luck!!
  • Bob_S
    Bob_S Member Posts: 9
    Dear baja,
    I just had the male sling operation last week and up to this point it's a complete success. (See my story on the previus page) I was wondering when and how things went wrong. What was your Uro's experience in this proceedure?
    God bless,
    Bob