pain

TomBk
TomBk Member Posts: 58
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
One of our number who has been involved in the discussions in the past is suffering from pain and recently has experienced numbness in his right hand and has difficulty typing and that is probably why he has not been back on the discussion. He is having a hard time and the doctors are having trouble finding out exactly what is causing the pain and eliminating the pain. Can any of you help me out here? I have not had any experience with this and so do not have anything to offer but you guys are a good lot and I figured perhaps some of you had been thru something similar and could offer some insight in to this dilemma. I appreciate any thing you could relate to me that I could share with him. Thanks.

Comments

• Willx
    Willx Member Posts: 41
    This may be carpal tunnel syndrome and if so, he should see a doctor about it. I experienced this a couple of years ago, and was fitted with a wrist brace which really helped. I initially wore it full-time, then only at night, and now am no longer bothered. With carpal tunnel syndrome, the pain is usually worse at night.

Just a possibility.
  • Dawgie
    Dawgie Member Posts: 2
    My prostate cancer metaed to my spine. As it grew, it began compressing my spinal cord which caused a lot of pain in my shoulder, and numbness in my hands and feet. It also affected my walking. My cancer had not been diagnosed at this point and when it was, Dr. said I was 2 weeks away from being paralized from the waist down. Please have your Dr order MRI scan of your spine to check for this problem. Best Wishes
  • TomBk
    Dawgie said:

My prostate cancer metaed to my spine. As it grew, it began compressing my spinal cord which caused a lot of pain in my shoulder, and numbness in my hands and feet. It also affected my walking. My cancer had not been diagnosed at this point and when it was, Dr. said I was 2 weeks away from being paralized from the waist down. Please have your Dr order MRI scan of your spine to check for this problem. Best Wishes

Thanks so much sir. He has had several MRIs to my knowledge but I will pass it on. I hope you are doing much better. I hope this is not what is happening to him.
  • TomBk
    Willx said:

This may be carpal tunnel syndrome and if so, he should see a doctor about it. I experienced this a couple of years ago, and was fitted with a wrist brace which really helped. I initially wore it full-time, then only at night, and now am no longer bothered. With carpal tunnel syndrome, the pain is usually worse at night.

Just a possibility.

Thanks Will. I will e-mail him right away.