Xeloda Questions

Options
mindy10
mindy10 Member Posts: 182 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I would like to know success stories while being on Xeloda, my dads cat scan showed his tumor in abdomon has grown just a little while being off chemo for 3 months. His options where back on chemo, radiation or Oral Xeloda. He has choosen Oral Xeloda. I prefer radiation but it is his body and his choice. Has anyone been on Xeloda and had a tumor shrink while being on it? Thanks for any information and thanks for all your prayers. Mindy

Comments

• Betsydoglover
    Betsydoglover Member Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Hi Mindy - every case is different, but I think you will find many Xeloda success stories here. I was diagnosed with Stage IV at the end of May - 1 met to the liver - started chemo at the end of July - Xeloda / oxaliplatin / Avastin. My scans currently show no evidence of disease (NED).

Can't say how much of my situation is due to which drug and I certainly can't comment on Xeloda vs radiation, or comment about an abdominal tumor, but you should know that Xeloda is a legitimate treatment. My oncologist prefers it to 5FU infusions.

I'll keep your dad in my thoughts and prayers.

Betsy
  • oneagleswings
    oneagleswings Member Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Hi Mindy:
    I have heard really good things about xeloda..my husband was going to go on it for stage 4 but in order to get avastin here in Canada needed to go on a clinical trial and that was folfiri/avastin.
    Best of luck with your Dad's treatments...I am sure it will be easier to tolerate oral meds
    Bev
  • joanneire
    joanneire Member Posts: 75 Member
    Options

Hi Mindy:
    I have heard really good things about xeloda..my husband was going to go on it for stage 4 but in order to get avastin here in Canada needed to go on a clinical trial and that was folfiri/avastin.
    Best of luck with your Dad's treatments...I am sure it will be easier to tolerate oral meds
    Bev

Hi Mindy
    My boyfriend has been on Xeloda since Sept 05 (currently NED) and has been fine- slightly sore toes and a bit tired but that's it. It's so much easier for him to tolerate than 5FU. Good luck!
  • Kaye2003
    Kaye2003 Member Posts: 86
    Options
    My husband was dx with colorectal cancer 10/03. Had radiation/xeloda before surgery and xeloda for three months following surgery. He had no side effects and had been NED for all testing since.
    God bless,
    Kaye