Others with liver metastasis

neubauer7
neubauer7 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I am looking for others who have dealt with liver mets and what treatment you have had and do you have any suggestions for some just diagnosed with liver mets from anal cancer. We are in Chicago. Thinking of going for 2nd opinion at Sloan-Kettering. Any other suggestions. Told that it is inoperable, but he has been on chemo for a month now and it is still growing.

Thanks,

Leiann

Comments

• This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • nursepat
    nursepat Member Posts: 1
    Just joined site & found your question. I too have had anal w/liver mets. At first, one lesion, inoperable, so RF ablation done, but, only lasted til 3 month checkup where 2nd lesion found and RF done again. Now w/ 4 lesions of liver and undergoing 3 rounds of chemo w/5FU and Platinol, 3 weeks apart and now past 2nd tx with 2 weeks to go til my 3rd round. So far this is what my oncologist has prescribed. I guess we'll see with CT or PET scan after that. So far I have been going on 2 yrs with initial diagnosis.
  • Helen_100
    Helen_100 Member Posts: 1
    nursepat said:

Just joined site & found your question. I too have had anal w/liver mets. At first, one lesion, inoperable, so RF ablation done, but, only lasted til 3 month checkup where 2nd lesion found and RF done again. Now w/ 4 lesions of liver and undergoing 3 rounds of chemo w/5FU and Platinol, 3 weeks apart and now past 2nd tx with 2 weeks to go til my 3rd round. So far this is what my oncologist has prescribed. I guess we'll see with CT or PET scan after that. So far I have been going on 2 yrs with initial diagnosis.

Hi,
    My sister also has anal cancer which has spread to the liver and aortic lymph nodes. We are desperately trying to find something that will help. So far 3 rounds of chemo but no change. Have you got any advice for us.
    Thks