but wait -even more bad news

jana11
jana11 Member Posts: 705
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I got the final results today and looked at the mass. IT IS SOO BIG AND UGLY. The onc said he hasn't seen something grow this quickly. AGH

And I have a new left lung met. It is the normal and dealable size of 2mm. My thoracic surgeon is out of town this week. I don't meet with him until Monday. AND, my onc is worried about other mets. I get my PET scan Wed morning and will talk to my onc wed afternoon. AGH AGH AGH. At least the abd/pelvis CT was completely clean. One this in my favor.

Fortunately, my hubbie and I are going to a California resort this weekend - payed for by work! I can't wait to get out of town.

Both my husband and I are blown away. I feel like I did when I was first diagnosed. I am actually nervous about waiting 9 days for my surgery - I want to cut the crap out NOW.

Sigh. That's all for now. Thanks for all of your responses. I come here right away and feel better just reading the responses - and the NED report talking about how good Eritux (or however it's spelled) is.

Thanks again. j

Comments

• 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    ((((jana)))))

hope that sucker gets its just rewards. OUT DAMN SPOT!

peace, emily
  • goldfinch
    goldfinch Member Posts: 735
    i know what you mean re being as blown away as when you were first diagnosed. I felt the same way when I heard it had spread to my lungs. I repeat "hang in there!"
    Mary
  • ccartwri
    ccartwri Member Posts: 82
    Jana:
    I am so sorry to read this. You are such a fighter and your positivity amazes me regularly. You have one of the best attitudes I have ever seen anyone own and I know you will get through this very well and as quickly as possible.
    We want to hear about your California weekend.
    I am regularly praying and meditating now. Several times a day. I grew up Catholic and pray the rosary for the first time ever. I am praying for you.
    Love,
    Claudia
  • HowardJ
    HowardJ Member Posts: 474
    Jana,
    Very sorry to hear the news. I think those who posted here and to your previous message have said it better than I could. My wishes are with you. Remember..."it ain't over till it's over" so keep fighting.

On a lighter note, enjoy California. I'm in Southern CA so if you need any recommendations feel free to contact me.
    Howard
  • kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Oh Jana, I'm so sorry. We will fight this thing and get it out...

My daughter asked about you today...I told her what you were going through and she may contact you via email here at CSN. She loved meeting you and thought you were the "coolest".

Take care sweetie and I'll check with you when you return from a well deserved rest.

Kerry
  • Moesimo
    Moesimo Member Posts: 1,072 Member
    Jana,

I wish I could give you a great big hug. I am so sorry that you are going through this again.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Enjoy that w/e.

Maureen
  • nettie4
    nettie4 Member Posts: 145
    hey jana. long time its been. i am so sorry to hear of your results, but as you know i have been fighting lung mets for a while and it can be done. you had been on my heart lately and i pray for you and will continue. i have no words of wisdom except role up your sleeves and get ready to fight and in the meantime if you need to vent i am just an email away. i will be sending many prayers up for you. take good care my friend.

nettie
  • rthornton
    rthornton Member Posts: 346 Member
    Hi Jana.

I'm very sorry to hear about all of this. You have always been such an inspiration to me, your story and general character. You deserve to be NED forever! I hope that all of this works out in the end. Have a nice break in California, so you can come back and fight this latest development.

Rodney
  • Becky58
    Becky58 Member Posts: 22
    Jana,
    So sorry about your test results but don't get discouraged. Sounds like you are a fighter. Try to enjoy your time in California and just focus on your husband, yourself and having a good time...
    What does NED stand for? What is Eritux, is it a chemo drug. I know you didn't use the correct spelling so I'm not sure what drug you are referring to.
    Thanks....
  • jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    Jana,
    Enjoy your much deserved break, you both need a chance to catch your breath, then I know you will come back and fight.
    Stay strong and focused; we are all standing with you. Judy
  • jana11
    jana11 Member Posts: 705
    Becky58 said:

Jana,
    So sorry about your test results but don't get discouraged. Sounds like you are a fighter. Try to enjoy your time in California and just focus on your husband, yourself and having a good time...
    What does NED stand for? What is Eritux, is it a chemo drug. I know you didn't use the correct spelling so I'm not sure what drug you are referring to.
    Thanks....

Ah, you must be a newbie. NED is the best ever, stands for No Evidence of Disease. He's quite a stud.

Erbitux is chemo agent that targets a protein called "epidermal growth factor receptor" on the surface of cancer cells, interfering with their growth. It is for metastatic cancer. When combined with CPT11, or camptosar, it is even more effective.

HOpefully it will KILL any microscopic cancer cell in my body.

j
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Dear Jana,

I will be thinking of you tomorrow, both during your PET scan and then during your visit with your oncologist. Please know that it's your turn to let others care for and support you.

Wishing you the very best.

Love,

Kay
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    Kanort said:

Dear Jana,

I will be thinking of you tomorrow, both during your PET scan and then during your visit with your oncologist. Please know that it's your turn to let others care for and support you.

Wishing you the very best.

Love,

Kay

Dear Jana...as hard as it is try to enjoy the break and savour every moment!
    There's a rainbow comin' to yah from OZ sweetie. Go to sleep each night and remember the love we are sending you from down under.
    huggs, Ross n Jen
  • taunya
    taunya Member Posts: 390 Member
    Jana,
    I have been away from the board for a few weeks and I just saw your post. I am so sorry to hear that you are having to deal with this crappy mass. Hang in there. Stay strong. I will think of you often and pray and send positive vibes.
    Love and Hugs,
    Taunya