CALLING ALL 2OR MORE TIME HODGKINS PEOPLE.

arica
arica Member Posts: 12
HI, I'M 22 AND POSTED QUESTION RIGHT UNDER THIS ONE. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS HAD HODGKINS MORE THAN ONCE. AND WILL I EVER BE CURED FROM THIS GOD AWFUL DIEASE. I HAD A BMT AFTER IT CAME BACK(5MOS REMIS). NOW MY DR. SAYS IT MAY BE BACK. ALTHOUGH I FEEL FINE. IT'S IN MY CHEST AGAIN. SO LOOKING FORWARD TO SOMEONE WHO IS DEALING WITH THIS AS I AM. THANKS ANYONE CAN EMAIL ME STRNGCHIC8@YAHOO.COM. THANKS SOOOO MUCH. LOOKING FOR SOME PEP TALKS BEFORE THE DR. ON WED.

Comments

• karinlee
    karinlee Member Posts: 15
    hi arica

i had hodgkin's several times in my twenties. i too, had radiation, chemo, and a stem cell transplant. i am now in my thirties and have been free from hodgkin's for over 7 years. yes, you can be cured from hodgkin's even if you have had it more than once. remember, cancer can spontaneously go into remission at any time. keep your mind as positive as possible and stay hopeful. also, enjoy life as much as possible and do your best to relax despite your situation. i'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. karinlee
  • hi2you
    hi2you Member Posts: 4
    karinlee said:

hi arica

i had hodgkin's several times in my twenties. i too, had radiation, chemo, and a stem cell transplant. i am now in my thirties and have been free from hodgkin's for over 7 years. yes, you can be cured from hodgkin's even if you have had it more than once. remember, cancer can spontaneously go into remission at any time. keep your mind as positive as possible and stay hopeful. also, enjoy life as much as possible and do your best to relax despite your situation. i'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. karinlee

My name is Heidi I had recurrent Hodgkins Disease and I am 3 months post SCT. I have pretty much always been positive and tried to have a good out look but lately, ( after the transplant )i've been extreemly depressed and seem to think about cancer and it comming back 90% of the time. How normal is that? Did anyone out there experience these feelings and if so how do you move on and not allow it to consume your life? I hope someone writes me im going nuts! God bless you all and stay strong. Heidi