Coming up on one year check up.

lollync
lollync Member Posts: 9
edited March 2014 in Kidney Cancer #1
Next week going for blood & cts not a nervous as at 6mo but just a bit. Had left kidney removed 6-14-2004. 10cm totally contained no envolment of any thing else. My doctor said it was stage 2 because of size only. Has anyone been through the same ,it helps to from some of you,and you have been a comfort in the past - Thanks Lolly

Comments

• JJzoj
    JJzoj Member Posts: 2
    Hi my name is Jan and I would like to encourage you regarding your up coming test.
    I was diagnosed in 1992 and had a Right Radical Nephrectomy with no follow up (Radiation/Chemo) needed. I am truly blessed to have caught this early due to forced blood in my urine after jogging on the Nordic Track!
    I have yearly test (CT Scan, Blood Panels) then they are sent over to my urologist to view.
    This takes about one week. I always call my Dad and we celebrate the results more so than my birthday every year.(please read my profile).
    Please remember you are not alone in what you are going through - and it helps to talk about the cancer you and I have had with others.

Would Love to hear Your Story
    Take Care - Jan
  • JJzoj
    JJzoj Member Posts: 2
    Hi my name is Jan and I would like to encourage you regarding your up coming test.
    I was diagnosed in 1992 and had a Right Radical Nephrectomy with no follow up (Radiation/Chemo) needed. I am truly blessed to have caught this early due to forced blood in my urine after jogging on the Nordic Track!
    I have yearly test (CT Scan, Blood Panels) then they are sent over to my urologist to view.
    This takes about one week. I always call my Dad and we celebrate the results more so than my birthday every year.(please read my profile).
    Please remember you are not alone in what you are going through - and it helps to talk about the cancer you and I have had with others.

Take Care - Jan
  • urkabsd
    urkabsd Member Posts: 37
    HI,
    MY NAME IS KATHIE AND IT HAS BEEN 6 MONTHS SINCE HAVING MY LEFT KIDNEY REMOVED. LOTS OF SCANS AND TESTS BUT SO FAR SO GOOD! PRAISE OUR HEAVENLY LORD!
    I DO HOWEVER HAVE A BULGE ON THAT SIDE THAT WORRIES ME BUT I HAVE HEARD IT IS FAIRLY COMMON. MY DOCTOR SAID MY CANCER WAS ALSO STAGE 2 ONLY BECAUSE ON SIXE 7.5 C.M. SO GLAD TO HEAR OF SOMEONE DOING GREAT! PRAYNIG YOUR TESTS ARE WONDERFUL!!!!!
  • Chicago
    Chicago Member Posts: 73 Member
    urkabsd said:

HI,
    MY NAME IS KATHIE AND IT HAS BEEN 6 MONTHS SINCE HAVING MY LEFT KIDNEY REMOVED. LOTS OF SCANS AND TESTS BUT SO FAR SO GOOD! PRAISE OUR HEAVENLY LORD!
    I DO HOWEVER HAVE A BULGE ON THAT SIDE THAT WORRIES ME BUT I HAVE HEARD IT IS FAIRLY COMMON. MY DOCTOR SAID MY CANCER WAS ALSO STAGE 2 ONLY BECAUSE ON SIXE 7.5 C.M. SO GLAD TO HEAR OF SOMEONE DOING GREAT! PRAYNIG YOUR TESTS ARE WONDERFUL!!!!!

Hey Kathie,

Welcome to the Bulge Club. All of us who've had the nephrectomies have the "bulge." It's nothing but scar tissue. Nothing to worry about.

Except for the loss of my career as an underwear model.

:~D
  • kpop
    kpop Member Posts: 2
    Hi, Lolly. I had a right radical nephrectomy in March...12cm stage 2 due to size...totally contained and no mets seen. I'm worried that my doctor is not doing the right follow-up tests. I've only had labs done since my surgery. I'm finally scheduled for a chest x-ray in November, but no CT's mentioned. What has your follow-up course been? I'm so scared that this will come back...Kris
  • urkabsd
    urkabsd Member Posts: 37
    hi,
    how did your tests come out? pray that everything is going well, let us hear from you.
    kathie
  • lollync
    kpop said:

Hi, Lolly. I had a right radical nephrectomy in March...12cm stage 2 due to size...totally contained and no mets seen. I'm worried that my doctor is not doing the right follow-up tests. I've only had labs done since my surgery. I'm finally scheduled for a chest x-ray in November, but no CT's mentioned. What has your follow-up course been? I'm so scared that this will come back...Kris

Hi Kris - After my right kidney was removed I had blood work and a chest X-ray at 3 months and a CT scan at 6 months. After that it was all 3 at one year,which I just did and everything was fine. I'm going for a chest E-ray in 3 months and blood work & CT scan in 6. I think after two years its once a year. You should have had a CT by now let us hear from you, Good Luck...Larry
  • lollync
    urkabsd said:

hi,
    how did your tests come out? pray that everything is going well, let us hear from you.
    kathie

Kathie - Hi all my test were fine, thanks for asking, it's a big help to hear from you all ,when you get worried before these tests. To hear from those who have been through it. I am doing great. Thanks...Larry
  • abestbarbara
    abestbarbara Member Posts: 18
    JJzoj said:

Take Care - Jan

Hi Jan. Thank you for coming on the discussion. I like to hear about the survivor stories from people who had this a long time ago.
    I had my nephrectomy on 6/04. We now have to deal with nodules on my lungs. The CT scan is Nov 21st. (Very nervous)The surgeon says he can take the nodule out laposcopic, if there are no others present(prayers please). Take care and God Bless.