bone marrow biopsy

tigersi
tigersi Member Posts: 15 Member
i'm having bone marrow biopsy fri. in my hip,and would like to know other peoples experiece w/this
and what to expect before during & after...thanks

Comments

• brianjw
    brianjw Member Posts: 9
    Don't know if you meant Friday the day after your posting or next Friday. Had 2. Piece of cake. Mildly uncomfortable for a few seconds during procedure. Feels like you got kicked in the hip for about a week after. Don't even need anything for pain, like a bad bruise for a few days only if you put pressure on it. Don't sweat it.
  • tigersi
    brianjw said:

Don't know if you meant Friday the day after your posting or next Friday. Had 2. Piece of cake. Mildly uncomfortable for a few seconds during procedure. Feels like you got kicked in the hip for about a week after. Don't even need anything for pain, like a bad bruise for a few days only if you put pressure on it. Don't sweat it.

i did mean yesterday,i went but changed to next fri. earlier so can get tranquilized;out of forty postings 35 said pretty bad & to get meds;then five,like yourself not really bad. so i opted for
    less pain = my gain.thanks for vote of confidence,is appreciated : ) susan
  • brianjw
    brianjw Member Posts: 9
    tigersi said:

i did mean yesterday,i went but changed to next fri. earlier so can get tranquilized;out of forty postings 35 said pretty bad & to get meds;then five,like yourself not really bad. so i opted for
    less pain = my gain.thanks for vote of confidence,is appreciated : ) susan

Let me know how it went. Really not scary. You get a local anaesthetic injection. Like a flu shot, not worse. Then a plug is taken out out the hip bone. You mostly feel the pressure of the pushing to get the plug. My biggest reaction was the sweating from the fear. I didn't need to be as concerned as I was. Don't sweat the small stuff.
  • tigersi
    brianjw said:

Let me know how it went. Really not scary. You get a local anaesthetic injection. Like a flu shot, not worse. Then a plug is taken out out the hip bone. You mostly feel the pressure of the pushing to get the plug. My biggest reaction was the sweating from the fear. I didn't need to be as concerned as I was. Don't sweat the small stuff.

thanks brian,i go again this fri.12th,& if cat scans that i get thurs. are not bad he may skip bmb for now,YAY! anyway...i'll let you know how goes
  • tigersi
    brianjw said:

hi all
    i had bmb fri.& went very well.i asked for pre meds,was given iv w/ativan & morphine. i felt a little dizzy & a sting from lidocaine shot for numbing.then w/ funny pressure pulling sensation it was over.then some soreness for a few days but only if pressure on biopsy area..sooo...irecommend
    the pain meds,&the luck of an experienced skilled dr.like mine was,not so bad after all...thanks for the support,made all the difference....susan