A VIRYUAL POSTCARD FROM MIAMI BEACH

spongebob
spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Greetings everyone!

Well, we finally got our decks clear of "amigos" long enough to get a couple of days respite in Miami. Been a few years since I tied-up at the base here in Miami Beach. Really a great location. We're about 8 blocks from South Beach and right across the (infamous) McArthur Causeway from Gloria Esteffan's house (some of you might not recall the Miami Sound Machine - Ole-Ole Ole-Ole!)

Anyway - wish you guys were here!

Hey... thoughts on ColonPalooza 3 & 4:

April 2006 in New Orleans (Isn't that around Jazz Fest?)

September/October 2006 in Chicago (Maybe go see "Da Bears" or a Cubs game (even though the Chi Sox are looking SO much better this year)

What do y'all think?

- Sponge

Comments

• tkd3g
    tkd3g Member Posts: 767
    Hey Loofa Man,

Glad to see you are enjoying the sights. And rays. Relax, kick-up your heels, throw back a cold one and enjoy life. Remember to treat those ladies, right!!

New Orleans sounds great. I could actually probably make that one.

Chicago-yes, football-you could twist my arm.

Barb
  • kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Bob,

You are right about the Jazz Fest in New Orleans. It is in the spring. Sounds groovy!! I can do that!!!

Chicago in October - great time of the year for that too. Grand Bear Lodge here I come!!

Have a great holiday weekend. Hope you can do some R&R in Miami.

Kerry
  • Btrcup
    Btrcup Member Posts: 286
    Ok, I remember Miami Sound Machine!! That's would make me how old???????

Linda
  • aspaysia
    aspaysia Member Posts: 250
    Btrcup said:

Linda

Younger than moi. I remember Chuck Berry. We used to listen to the Hit Parade after school on my father's hi-fi. Not stereo. Hi-fi--it had one gigantic speaker. We were not supposed to touch the thing but my brother, who was always flirting with death, tuned in the rock and roll station. He assured my mother that it would be returned to classical music but often 'forgot' just for meaness. When Mum was out we were really naughty and sat around in our school uniform wrinkling them up good. She finally stopped touching them up with the iron so we would get in trouble at school.
    Aspaysia, who hates the sight of an iron to this day.
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    Btrcup said:

Linda

Us old salts know that there is a gal in every port Sponger!! Sponger?????huh???

teh he!