"eulogize that one.."

nanuk
nanuk Member Posts: 1,358 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Emily Sez:
"The thing I want to most be remembered by is my love for my husband and my kids. Being a mother and wife is the most important thing in my life. They are my world. I have little to show for "accomplishments"...no awards....no business savvy that propells me up a "success" ladder....no huge community involvement.....nothing that the world would deem notable. I could care less. I love my husband. I adore my kids. I live a simple content life. That's how I want to be remembered. :-)"

This is all there is...I think all parents are heros. Emily has said it all - again. Bud

Comments

• scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    Bud and Em,

I have tears in my eyes after reading that one and then knowing that I will get to meet you both in person for the very first time in Vegas makes my day. Thank you Bud and also thank you Emily for just being you honey!!!!

Lisa P.
  • Shandle
    Shandle Member Posts: 204
    Excuse me, but you do have accomplishments! Your family! I think the hardest and yet most rewarding thing is to raise a family. You have to be their roll model, their decision maker for their young years and it isn't easy! I don't think all parents are heros due to fact their are too many kids that are abused and need loving families. In your case..yes, you're a hero just accomplishing a loving and well cared for family, and I'm happy your proud of that! You should be. ~ Wanda
  • grandma047
    grandma047 Member Posts: 381
    I'm like Em- I have no real accomplishments. I just hope that I'm remembered as a good wife, sister, daughter, mother and grandmother. If everyone can say that after I'm gone-or even before I'm gone-I will be so happy and feel that I havent lived in vain. I also love my God and my church, and I'll be dancing with God too. So, I hope no one mourns me but is happy for me. Because, after all, I will be in a much better place. No cancer in Heaven. Yippee!!!!
    Love and prayers, Judy(grandma047)
  • goldfinch
    goldfinch Member Posts: 735
    I remember thinking what wise words those were when I read Emily's post. Thanks for saying what i was thinking.
    Mary
  • tkd3g
    tkd3g Member Posts: 767
    I agree.

In the end, it's not how much money you have or how much stuff you've accumulated, or how many awards you have. What matters most is that you are a good person, you love your family, you share of yourself. You have made such a difference in so many peoples lives. ( even not knowing it)

The greatest gift we can give is our love.

Seems to me you've sure done that. And then some.

Kudo to you, girlfriend.

It's people like you who make the world a better place.

Love you,

Barb
  • 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    tkd3g said:

I agree.

In the end, it's not how much money you have or how much stuff you've accumulated, or how many awards you have. What matters most is that you are a good person, you love your family, you share of yourself. You have made such a difference in so many peoples lives. ( even not knowing it)

The greatest gift we can give is our love.

Seems to me you've sure done that. And then some.

Kudo to you, girlfriend.

It's people like you who make the world a better place.

Love you,

Barb

:-)

thanks y'all.

sniff sniff.

peace, emily who tries to live out Mark 12:30-31 :-)