Vacation Plans

jsabol
jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi all,
Hubby and I are planning to leave on Sunday for our overdue celebration vacation...without kids! I am now nearly 7 months post-chemo, and 15 months post surgery (but who's counting!). Unlike most sane people, we are heading from snowy, cold New England, to snowier, colder Canada...cross country skiing in the Laurentians. I feel nearly back to myself now (don't know who I was for all these past months) and it'll feel great to just ski and eat and...
I'll be out of touch for the next 10 days or so; I keep all of you in my thoughts.
Stay strong. Regards, Judy

Comments

• kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Judy,

Enjoy your well deserved vacation. Enjoy, celebrate life and be safe. I'll look forward to talking to you when you return!

Fondly,

Kerry
  • Lisa Rose
    Lisa Rose Member Posts: 598 Member
    Hi Judy,

In in Eastern Canada today it is absolutely gorgeous ! ! ! It's a sunny & clilly day, with more snow in the forecast the next few days...

Andy ( my husband ) and I were out snowmobiling the last 2 days we rode 250 miles or 400 km . The trails were truly breath taking.

As I always say...

" Beauty Is In The Eyes Of The BeHolder ". Have a wonderful time skiing in the Laurentians.

Lisa

PS, Were leaving this Thursday for a week of family fun, in the sunny Cayo Coco, Cuba...
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Hi Judy,

Enjoy your well earned vacation. I am a couple of months ahead of your as far as post-chemo and post surgery.... but who is counting! I, too, have all of my energy back and feel like my old self. I still claim "chemo brain" and probably always will. Enjoy your time with your hubby.

Kay
  • grandma047
    grandma047 Member Posts: 381
    Hi Judy, Well enjoy your vacation. You deserve it. I will miss you while you're away. Have always felt a strong bond with you, You know, the other Judy thing. I am so happy you're feeling back to normal. Hope I will feel that way again some day. Again, have a nice trip and we expect pictures,pictures and more pictures. Love ya
    Love and prayers, the other Judy
  • Moesimo
    Moesimo Member Posts: 1,072 Member
    Hi, Have a great vacation. I can't beleive that you are going somewhere colder than MA. I will be leaving on Sunday for warmer weather going on a cruise of the southern Caribbean.

Maureen
  • taunya
    taunya Member Posts: 390 Member
    Judy,
    Have a wonderful vacation!! i am thrilled that you are feeling so much better. I am wishing you the best vacation ever!
    love,
    Taunya