back for more surgery

nettie4
nettie4 Member Posts: 145
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
i will leave wed for surg on friday at mayo. my left thorcotomy is what is on the list. i am 35 and in otherwise good health and waiting for good results like from the right. these are painful and i hope that is not so bad this time. i am praying this is an end to this nightmare, i will probably go back on treatment afterwards. pleae say a prayers for my family as once again they must indure the awful side affects of cancer. my kids r 5 and 7 and for that reason the fight is on. i will do whatever it takes. peace on to all of you.

nettie

Comments

• Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Hi Nettie,

You and your family will be in my prayers. Thanks for letting us know. Since you had good results with your right lung, I know that the left one will be successful too!

Let us hear from you when you are back and feeling better.

Kay
  • deneenb
    deneenb Member Posts: 130
    Hi Nettie,

I will have you and your family in my prayers. You are a strong woman and you have alot to fight for.

Best Wishes,
    Deneen
  • grandma713
    grandma713 Member Posts: 105
    Hi Nettie! I have been trying to check this site every day to see if you have posted! I will be praying for you on Friday. I think you are going to do great, but I will pray about the pain. Take care of yourself and PLEASE let us know how you are.
    Franny
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    Netie -

Fight on, girl! You know what your'e fighting for and your path is clear. Swing that broadsword (well, scalpel that is) and slay that dragon!

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

- SpongeBob
  • 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    hey nettie!!

you are most definitely in my prayers. We will be holding you up all friday. Would it be possible to have someone update us when you are done? If not I understand. Just know you family here will be praying for your family there.

You'll be "right down the road" from me up on the North Shore (Norwegian Riviera). Will you be at St. Mary's? That's where I have had both my surgeries. I loved my surgeon. and my oncologist!!

peace, emily who has spent many a moon at Mayo
  • offutt9
    offutt9 Member Posts: 88
    Nettie: Was reading your message and wanted you to know I will be praying for you. Our God is an AWESOME GOD and he is in control. I lift your children and family up in prayer also. In Gods Love...Barbara
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    Thinking of you and your family. Please keep us posted as you are able.
    Tara
  • taunya
    taunya Member Posts: 390 Member
    Nettie,
    You are so brave. I am thinking of you and praying for a speedy recovery. I am so glad to hear the the right side turned out well. Not so good that it is painfull, but wonderful that it seems to be working! I am like Franny, I often check the board just to see if you have posted. I am sending you a cyber hand-hold. Keep it for when you need it.
    Love , Hugs and Peace of mind,
    Taunya