our idol goes for number 7 !!!!!!

fedester
fedester Member Posts: 753 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
hey guys,
hope all is well. today on aol news it says that lance armstrong is going to compete again and it will be number 7 when he wins. wow what a role model.
never give up, never !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
live strong
all the best
bruce

Comments

• steved
    steved Member Posts: 834 Member
    Have recently finished his first autobiography and about to start the second. Makes good reading but find a lot of it difficult to swallow in the grim light of reality. So much of his first book focuses on his supportive relationship from his wife Kik who helped him through treatmetn adn recovery on to his first tour win. He describes her as completing him as a person and describes a remarkable relationship founded on faith in each other formed during a time of true adversity taht we can all relate to. Since then though they have separated and he has gone on to a celebrity relationship with Cheryl Crow the singer.
    I just find it sad that such a man who does act as a role model to so many and is inspiring in many ways has true feet of clay. I guess he is just human like the rest of is- it is just a trait that is hard to accept in a role model.
    Not sure what others think but I know find him hard to admire in any way other than as a remarkable cyclist. Opposing opinions welcomed.
  • kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    steved said:

Have recently finished his first autobiography and about to start the second. Makes good reading but find a lot of it difficult to swallow in the grim light of reality. So much of his first book focuses on his supportive relationship from his wife Kik who helped him through treatmetn adn recovery on to his first tour win. He describes her as completing him as a person and describes a remarkable relationship founded on faith in each other formed during a time of true adversity taht we can all relate to. Since then though they have separated and he has gone on to a celebrity relationship with Cheryl Crow the singer.
    I just find it sad that such a man who does act as a role model to so many and is inspiring in many ways has true feet of clay. I guess he is just human like the rest of is- it is just a trait that is hard to accept in a role model.
    Not sure what others think but I know find him hard to admire in any way other than as a remarkable cyclist. Opposing opinions welcomed.

steved,

Yes, you are right. I respect Lance for his drive and his fight against this awful disease, but when I watched him on Oprah with Sheryl Crow I felt a pang of dispair that the one person who stuck with him, and helped develop the Lance Armstrong Foundation was left out. I am a personal friend of Kristen since before she married Lance and she is a wonderful person and is still very involved in the fight against cancer. The celebrity status that Lance so cherishes right now does prove that our hero is indeed only human and sometimes those things we begin to hold so dear during our diagnosis and treatment and recovery take a back seat in our life when fortune and fame come into the picture.

Sheryl Crow has not been through the really tough times with him, let's see what happens when she is really tested? Will she be the person that Kristen is? I doubt it.

Kerry