1stchemotoday

ramona41
ramona41 Member Posts: 72
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
hey thanks for all the replies you guys made me feel better. I got the port in this past friday..hurt likehell this weekend. and still cant imagine them pokin it with a needle today..but i am bringing lots of tissues cause i am a big BABY.. i have chemo for 11-2 tpday for three hours.. bringing a trashy novel to read..didnt know about drinking lots of water thanks for the tip guys.. i also start radiation the end of october.. that was a nice visit..get told i will have a rash between my butt cheeks.lol.. why do all the actors on tv make this look so sexy to be going thru cancer.. jeez.. i want the good side effects.. how bout a lil weight loss?? heh heh... trying to stay positive today.. but am scared. oh well i warned this doc office that i was the biggest cry baby they will have ever seen.. i need THERAPYYYYYYYYY.. i keep praying for yall ..thanks for all your help.. peace and love ramona41

Comments

• micheleamw
    micheleamw Member Posts: 62
    Ramona~

I just wanted to wish you good luck today. Watching my Dad go through his chemo (FOLFOX), I deemded chemo as his new best friend, that wasn't always nice. Hopefully, you'll do fine.

Hugs~
    Michele

p.s. My Dad lost 20 lbs. during chemo. He was already very thin, so....we're trying to put some weight back on him.
  • grandma047
    grandma047 Member Posts: 381
    Hey Ramona, I don't think there are any good side effects to chemo but it's a good way to look at it. LOL. I didn't lose weight from the chemo or radiation, but since I've had surgery I've lost 45 lbs., so I guess that was a plus. Also, the big plus is that we get rid of this cancer, once and for all. I'll be praying for you.
    Love and prayers, judy(grandma047)
  • jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    Hi Ramona,
    Hope all went well today. The good news is that the port will feel better over time, and, take it from one whose veins gave out after 6 treaments, it was a lot more comfortable, if a little wierd, to have the stuff run into the port.
    I'm sure your onc's office has seen bigger babies. One of my chemo buddies was a big strapping guy who couldn't even look at any needles or ports, or he passed out! He managed to get through it, eyes squeezed shut.
    I did lose my appetite over time. By the end of chemo I had lost nearly 10 pounds, but it has come back when my appetite kicked in again post-chemo.
    Keep your sense of humor, it'll help get you through.
    Keep us posted, the other Judy
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    Hi Ramona -- Trashy novels were what got me through the chemo and radiation! The trashier the better. Wishing you all the best as you go through both. I'm sorry to say that I did end up with very very sore skin around my butt as a result of the radiation -- if this happens to you, be sure to ask your medical team (nurses, drs, etc) for suggestions on how to treat -- I got a lot of good advice. I hope you sail through it all.
    Best wishes, Tara
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    taraHK said:

Hi Ramona -- Trashy novels were what got me through the chemo and radiation! The trashier the better. Wishing you all the best as you go through both. I'm sorry to say that I did end up with very very sore skin around my butt as a result of the radiation -- if this happens to you, be sure to ask your medical team (nurses, drs, etc) for suggestions on how to treat -- I got a lot of good advice. I hope you sail through it all.
    Best wishes, Tara

Hiya Ramona--hope yu got the mail I sent yu. After 6 months of chemo thru the top of my hand my veins were crying out for some relief--so I think you will be happy with a port once you get used to it. Getting stabbed 5 days in a row every 3 weeks was no fun!
    Am sure you will cope fine Ramona---luv n huggs, kanga n Jen