we lost one...

sallyjoy
sallyjoy Member Posts: 102
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I thought we were having a bad week... Hubby's chemo apparently not working, hubbys father liver met is growing... But found out yesterday, my Father's cousin died yesterday of colon cancer after a long (3 years) battle. He left behind a wife and daughter. The family has had 3 other losses in the past year...his mother died of Breast cancer with lung mets, his aunt (my grandmother) of a stroke, and his brother in Jan of this year. It has taken quite a toll on them. I ask for prayers for his surviving family members... Thanks to all. It is time to beat this terrible disease! I just don't think I can take much more or I think I'll go mad!!!

God Bless...
Sally Jo

Comments

• KrisS
    KrisS Member Posts: 229
    Sally- I am so very sorry to hear about your family's losses. You must be exhausted. My prayers go out to you and your family. Hopefully they will find something to help your jusband and father soon.

Take care,

Kris
  • carmen07
    carmen07 Member Posts: 120 Member
    Sally
    My sympathy and prayers to you and your family for your losses.
    Try to take the time to take care of yourself through all this stress.
  • ipetrou
    ipetrou Member Posts: 33
    my heart goes out to you and your family
  • micheleamw
    micheleamw Member Posts: 62
    Sally~

Please accept my condolences. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
  • mozzer
    mozzer Member Posts: 5

Sally~

Please accept my condolences. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Hi Sally, my thoughts and prayers are with you too. It's early days for you after this shock, so give yourself time to grieve and think about it and you will prevail!
    Take care x
  • sallyjoy
    sallyjoy Member Posts: 102
    Thanks for your support throught this difficult time but i will post some good news in a new post....

Sally Jo
  • allsmiles
    allsmiles Member Posts: 25
    Sallyjoy,

I am so sorry the chemo is not working. YOu are not alone. My husband had 6 weeks chemo/radiation, surgery followed by more chemo. The tumor came back while on chemo. I know how devasting news like this is. Chin up. There are alternatives out there! Never give up looking for answers and a cure. Not everyone responds the same and some things that work for some don't work for others and so on. Keep exploring options.
    Allsmiles