Carcinoid Lung Tumor

meandmattie
meandmattie Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
My stepdad was just diagnosed with a carcinoid lung tumor. He told me that the doctor said it was 5cm! I am hoping he misheard .5! He and my mom are scared. Does anyone have any experience with this type of cancer? Thank you in advance, and God bless you and your families.

Comments

• daniGrrl27
    daniGrrl27 Member Posts: 4
    Dear Mattie,
    I want you to know that I am sorry for the diagnosis of your father. Unfortunately, it most likely is at 5 centimeters and not .5cms. The problem with lung cancer is, it is one of the most misdiagnosed diseases of our time. Only 25% of all people diagnosed with lung cancer are found in the early stages. Mom was constantly diagnosed with bronchitis for years. In March of 03, her lung collapsed due to Pneumonia, after xrays revealed a mass in her right trachea of her right lung, a bronchoscopy revealed it was actually a 4 cm mass blocking the lung opening completely. She is still with us now, but every day is a miracle. Please be supportive, and cherish every moment you have with him. Believe me, you guys have a very rough road ahead. You have to be strong. I am usually in the chatroom, feel free to Private message me anytime. You may also email me and ask me any questions you are afraid to ask, I am a strong believer of to be forwarned is to be forarmed. Please keep the faith and know that God has plans for all of us.
    If you need to talk I am here. My email is danigrrl22@hotmail.com
    Please cherish your father and tell him you love him at least once a day.
    Your friend,
    Danielle
    PS My hugs and prayers are with you.
  • Neshel
    Neshel Member Posts: 5
    Hi,
    I'm sorry to hear about your father. I was diagnosed with this slow growing cancer in Sept of 2004. My tumor was about .4 and was protuding out of my right lung into the wall of my heart. I had my right lung removed (pnemonectomy) and a partial removel of the lining of my heart (pericardium) removed. If in fact your father has not had his surgery yet, make sure to speak to an Oncologist that specializes in rare cancers. Right now I have swollen lymph nodes and my doctors think that maybe they did not see the cell. One thing that you should know is that your father can survive this cancer as long as he keeps up the fight. Pray for me as I will pray for your father and your family.

Surving Cancer is the Key!