Last chemo!!!!

Sheepy
Sheepy Member Posts: 48
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi, I've not posted for a while but I've been reading every day - but I'm trying to forgot that I've ever had cancer...

Today is my 30th AND LAST chemo!!!! Rejoice!!!!
30 weeks of 5FU and nausea - soon to be over!

Only thing is, without chemo to concentrate on I'm beginning to think more about what might happen next and my own mortality - I suppose that's what it's like in the Waiting Room.

I'll continue logging in every few days, and keep you posted on progress - either it'll be bad news and I'll need some shoulders to cry on, or it'll be good news to give others hope. Either way, I'll be back!

Comments

• Tessyann
    Tessyann Member Posts: 56
    Congrats :) Now that chemos over hope you enjoy a wonderful summer :)
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Wow,

What a great feeling. I'm not too far behind you as my last treatment will be soon, depending on my blood levels. Enjoy your freedom and believe that you are healed.

Hugs,

Kay
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    Oh what wonderful news. Congratulations! You did it!

Yes, there is Life in the Waiting Room. But, that's another story. For now, as you yourself so rightly said - REJOICE!

Wishing you all the best,
    Tara
  • kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Sheepy,

Congratulations on the LAST chemo treatment!! I finished mine about 10 months ago and everyday off of chemo gets better. I don't consider us in the "waiting room". It is the RECOVERY ROOM! Rejoice and enjoy life! Hooray!

Kerry
  • jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    Oh Sheepy,
    I can't wait to join the ranks of post-chemo patients, and I do like Kerry's title of Recovery Room. A friend calls it Survivor Mode. I hope you enjoy each day, and manage to live well despite the "what if?". Life is short for everyone, we've just been privileged to have a wake up call.
    Have a great summer. Judy
  • MelStar
    MelStar Member Posts: 31
    Sheepy,

Whoo-hoo! That's fantastic! It's wonderful! I'm very happy for you! Doing a happy dance in your honor.....

Melody
  • Sheepy
    Sheepy Member Posts: 48
    MelStar said:

Sheepy,

Whoo-hoo! That's fantastic! It's wonderful! I'm very happy for you! Doing a happy dance in your honor.....

Melody

Thanks all!

Yep, I like 'Recovery Room' as well.

Only trouble is, it's back to work full time now. I've got a couple of weeks in Greece in the summer (just before the Olympics) - looking forward to that, assuming they've actually finished building the villa.....
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Hi Sheepy congrats, I had 48 sessions of 5fu over a year so I know how u feel. Don't be surprised if u start to feel slightly abandoned ,u have had all of this treatment for so long then nothing and with it comes the feeling that time that should be used to fight the cancer is being wasted. Well waiting is part of the treatment your poor old bod has copped about as much harsh treatment as it can take so try to relax and go with the flow for a while. It gets better as u go and eventually you will accept that it is gone. I'm almost up to 7 yrs post colon ca and life has returned to almost normal except for extreme vigilance in regard to scopes ect. ,good luck for the future and a long life Ron.