Inoperable Glioblastoma Multiforme

ErinKolster
ErinKolster Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Brain Cancer #1
My dad was just recently diagnosed with Glioblastoma Multiforme. The doctors have told us that it is inoperable but we are looking to get a second opinion. His tumor is located partly in the right frontal lobe and the right parietal lobe. I am his only daughter at age 23, and my brothers are 25, 17, and 13. This has been really hard on us and my mother and father. Does anyone have any suggestions or some uplifting stories about this terrible tumor? I would really appreciate it.

Comments

• ladybug626
    ladybug626 Member Posts: 25
    Hi Erin,

I know brain cancer is really scary. I was also looking for hope and inspiration a few weeks ago when my Mom was diagnosed and I came across this website:

http://www.dontevergiveup.com/

It is written by a survivor of Glioblastoma Multiforme.

My Mom's uterine cancer recently spread to the left frontal lobe of her brain. She received whole brain radiation. She is feeling much better and is now a possible candidate for neurosurgery or the gamma knife. We are going to MD Anderson in Houston, TX for the next part of her treatment. I definitely recommend getting a second opinion, especially from one of the leading cancer centers if possible.

Please keep posting questions on the discussion boards and continue to research treatment options. The discussion boards helped me so much in the beginning when I was completely overwhelmed. Please don't give power to statistics or a prognosis. Too many people defy statistics to let them discourage you. My Mom is constantly proving her doctors wrong. She put her cancer in remission when doctors told her it wasn't possible and she will put it into remission again. Hope and faith go a long way in healing. Prayer is powerful too. I will remember you and your family in my prayers.

God Bless,

Melissa
  • bradheath
    bradheath Member Posts: 4
    Hi
    about 11 months ago I had a sisure the glioblastoma multiform tumor got to me , untill then I didn't know I had anything wrong (in one split secound your whole live changes). Now I live for today and get enjoyment out of each and every day, becouse as they say - God never prommesed you tomorrow.. good luck Brad Heath
  • kitandcarl
    kitandcarl Member Posts: 1
    In 1986, my 6 year old son had a brain tumor deep in his thalamic region. They were unable to remove it at the time and he only had fractionated radiation therapy after which they offered us no hope and gave him 6 months to a year to live. That was 18 years ago. Unfortunately, in May 2004 it became active again. He has had surgery that removed a significant portion of the tumor and is getting ready for the second stage of treatment. The sad part is that his tumor has activated - the great part is that it took 18 years to do so. Love, faith and nutrition all need to be included in the treatment of any kind of cancer. Your body will heal itself if you give it the proper elements to do so. Two books, "Love, Medicine and Miracles" by Bernie Siegal and "Beating Cancer through Nutrtion" by Patrick Quillin are excellent resources to start healing the other elements of the body that conventional medicine ignores. There is always hope. Tell your mom not to be afraid, now that you know what is wrong you have to ability to fix it. I'm here if you need me.

Oh, I have seen no studies where my son's survival rate has ever been quoted or mentioned. I know that there are others like him out there.

God bless,
    Kit
  • Finnegans Mom
    Finnegans Mom Member Posts: 12

In 1986, my 6 year old son had a brain tumor deep in his thalamic region. They were unable to remove it at the time and he only had fractionated radiation therapy after which they offered us no hope and gave him 6 months to a year to live. That was 18 years ago. Unfortunately, in May 2004 it became active again. He has had surgery that removed a significant portion of the tumor and is getting ready for the second stage of treatment. The sad part is that his tumor has activated - the great part is that it took 18 years to do so. Love, faith and nutrition all need to be included in the treatment of any kind of cancer. Your body will heal itself if you give it the proper elements to do so. Two books, "Love, Medicine and Miracles" by Bernie Siegal and "Beating Cancer through Nutrtion" by Patrick Quillin are excellent resources to start healing the other elements of the body that conventional medicine ignores. There is always hope. Tell your mom not to be afraid, now that you know what is wrong you have to ability to fix it. I'm here if you need me.

Oh, I have seen no studies where my son's survival rate has ever been quoted or mentioned. I know that there are others like him out there.

God bless,
    Kit

My son has a thalamic tumor
    Hi,
    I am not sure if you still check this site, but I am searching for others with grade 3 thalamic tumors. My 16 month old son has one and we were told that there are no children that have ever survived with his type of tumor. Your post has given me hope! Thank you so much. If anyone else knows of anyone with a grade 3 thalamic tumor please email me at nmondroski@yahoo.com.
    Nicole Mondroski
    Madison Wi
  • alexyj23
    alexyj23 Member Posts: 6
    My dad was diagnosed with the same

my dad was diagnosed with GBM stage 4 in his temporal lobe and they are not able to operate.  He was diagnosed April of 2012 and had a while where he didn't want to move from his chair.  We found out I was pregnant late August of 2012 and he has been more energetic lately.  I am 27 years old and have a younger sister who is 25.  Just recently his seizures started becoming more frequent and a little more painful.  I hope you can offer me encouraging words or how your father's story is.

God Bless!

Ashley Holub