update

kangatoo
kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi all--I have some great news--and to be truthfull I was pretty down yesterday with more tests today--lost a lot of sleep worrying last night--BUT
All is as well as can be expected--in fact better.
My surgeon told me today that I only have to have a colonoscopy every 3 years!
However, as my cancer went thru the bowel wall blood vessels/ lymph vessels were compramized and I must have ultrasounds/blood tests every 2-3 months to check for any secondaries-paying particular att. to my liver.There were no lymph nodes positive.
So as you can imagine I came out of the clinic much relieved.
I couldn't wait to get on the phone to tell Jen(I was 100 ks away).She has been so great to have by my side and I cried on the phone just telling her.I love her so much and she has had to go thru so much fear and sadness thru all this and yet still keep strong for me and the kids.
All of you carers here are a strenght to all of us and I thank you for being there for us and your partners.
We may have the cancer but you guys have the guts and determination to bare the anguish with us--you are all truly "angels".
I know that there are many here that are having a harder time than I have had--but Jen and I send you all our love and thanks for your support.

Geez--a mere male full of happiness but also stricken with sadness for those not so fortunate.
our prayers are with you one and all!!!!!!!

kanga and Jen xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

• kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Kanga & Jen,

I am so happy for your great news. You both are truly survivors! I'm sure stories like yours will give lots of encouragement to everyone. Many blessings to you, my friend. Enjoy life!

Kerry
  • grandma047
    grandma047 Member Posts: 381
    That is great news!!!! And you are right, the caregivers are wonderful!!! My husband used to never tell me that he loved me. We were kinda in a rut. Just live and get through each day, but cancer has changed that. We never fail to tell each other that we love each other at least 5 times a day. LOL. I do love that it has brought us closer, but I do know too, that it has put him through a lot. It is wonderful to have the loving care of the people in our lives. Thanks for reminding me of that. And again, thanks for the great news. It does encourage us all.
    Judy H.(grandma047)
  • Lisa Rose
    Lisa Rose Member Posts: 598 Member
    kerry said:

Kanga & Jen,

I am so happy for your great news. You both are truly survivors! I'm sure stories like yours will give lots of encouragement to everyone. Many blessings to you, my friend. Enjoy life!

Kerry

Hi Kanga & Jen,

Thanks for sharing your great news with all of us. Lot's of love to you both... Kanga your the man!!! It's nice when guys share some of there deepest feelings with us gals , hey but that's what families are for. Now it's my turn to walk on eggshells , Friday I'm having my abdominal & pelvic ultrasound to look at my liver.

Sending You Both A Big Hug,
    Lisa

Jen how are doing with your Hot Flashes!!!!
  • Kanga, I cried when I read your post. I feel your happiness and your words about us caregivers being "angels" went straight to my heart. We do what we do because we love you as you love us. I know my Bert would not go through half the crap that he is going through if it wasn't for me...so I owe him no less than to stand right by his side as your Jen does for you....GOD BLESS HER and YOU TOO.

Keep up the good news!!! We all can use it...believe me. It fires our furnaces of hope.

Hugs and love,
    Monika and Bert, who are literally toasting in L.A. 105 F today!!!! Give me a break!
  • jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    Hi Kanga and Jen, what good news! And your right about the caregivers. My hubby is seeming very stoic, and just shrugs off what he does, but I do hear him prowling about at night, which is when he experiences his worries.
    I, on the other hand, am usually sleeping like a log for at least 10 hours a night, plus 2 more naps during the day. This fatigue is like a fog that doesn't lift. Thank goodness our weather is now beautiful New England spring; Monika, I'd melt in LA and I hate to think what the sun would do to my already multicolored skin!
    Hang in there and keep the good news coming. Judy
  • MelStar
    MelStar Member Posts: 31
    Kanga,

WONDERFUL news! I am so excited for you! Sending you and Jen a big hug from the other Land of Oz!!

We're having beautiful spring weather here in Topeka....if those darned wasps would just stay off my patio when I'm out there! My fear of being stung by a wasp is greater than my fear of recurrence. Go figure!!

Another big hug for you, Kanga and Jen!!

Melody
  • Moesimo
    Moesimo Member Posts: 1,072 Member
    Congratulations on the good report. It shows that things can get better.
  • maggi
    maggi Member Posts: 31
    Hi Kanga & Jen, Congradulations on your great news. I can really relate to the stress of tests but what a great feeling when the news is good nothing better. Take care and enjoy life each day, there is hope for all of us and we will SURVIVE Luv & Peace Maggi