50th birthday, YIPPEE!

grandma047
grandma047 Member Posts: 381
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi all, Well, I celebrated my 50th birthday yesterday. When I found out last July that I had cancer, I found myself asking if I would live to see 50. Dumb, huh??? Never realized what a fighter I was till then. Anyhow, I had a WONDERFUL birthday. Got to see all my family, either Sunday or yesterday. It was great. Feeling pretty bad lately from the chemo and radiation, but all the love I've felt the last two days really helped. You guys have been great to help with info and talk to. I'm so glad that I found this site.
Love, Judy H(grandma)

Comments

• kickerrn
    kickerrn Member Posts: 22 Member
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY Judy!!!
    Glad to hear that you had a good birthday. I know what you mean I was diagnosed when I was 38 so I wondered if I would see 40. I don't think anyone was ever so happy to turn 40! Age has a different meaning after a cancer diagnosis, I think. I know I am very happy to get a year older and am looking forward to all the milestone birthdays and the ones in between.
    Lots of Love
    Barb
  • Lisa Rose
    Lisa Rose Member Posts: 598 Member
    Happy Birthday Judy,
    March 29th was your Big Day!
    So 50 Birthday Wishes are sent your way!

Cheers,
    Lisa
  • StacyGleaso
    StacyGleaso Member Posts: 1,233 Member
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUDY! 5 decades down, 5 more to go! Have a great one!

Stacy
  • jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    Happy, happy birthday, and many mooooorrrre!
    Quite the milestone, and already a grandma! You have lots of celebrations to look forward to. Hang in there with the chemo and rads, your attitude sounds like it will carry you through.
    Regards, the other (older) Judy,
    who is hoping not to be a grandma yet (16 and 18 year old kids...)
  • 4mykids
    4mykids Member Posts: 33
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Here's to many, many more!!

Michelle
  • kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    4mykids said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Here's to many, many more!!

Michelle

Happy Birthday Judy!!

It's amazing how we used to dread getting older and now we cherish every year!!! I'm 54 and was diagnosed when I was 52 and I can't wait until I'm 80!!! Celebrate life, it is a gift.

Fondly,

Kerry
  • 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    Happiest of BIRTHDAYS to you on this fine day!! Aren't the post dx birthdays the sweetest?? I turned 40 a month+ after my dx and man oh man I celebrated. So glad you are surrounded by folks who love you!!

peace, emily who hopes to live as long as her 100yr old grandmother!
  • KrisS
    KrisS Member Posts: 229
    2bhealed said:

Happiest of BIRTHDAYS to you on this fine day!! Aren't the post dx birthdays the sweetest?? I turned 40 a month+ after my dx and man oh man I celebrated. So glad you are surrounded by folks who love you!!

peace, emily who hopes to live as long as her 100yr old grandmother!

Happy birthday! Sounds like it was a great one. Here is wishing you many, many more.

Kris
  • livin
    livin Member Posts: 318 Member
    Hi Grandma and everyone else. I know how you feel I had a birthday this past February. I turned 49, I was telling everyone Its My Bithday. I too thought I wouldn't make it Dx with Breast Cancer at age 44 and Colon Cancer at 46. Now Birthdays are the most important day to me.
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I'm like kickerrn, Dxed just before my 37th birthday and wondered if I'd see 40. Well now I am 40 (don't tell my 21 YO girlfriend - yeah right!) and I hope to die in bed at 95... shot by a jealous husband!

All the best to you grandma!

- SpongeBob
  • jgomez
    jgomez Member Posts: 25
    Happy Birthday Judy, I also celebrated my birthday in this month, 38 years. Three years ago I got out from the hospital on the same day of my birthday.
    Today I'm going to my anual colonscopy check-up. Wish me luck.

Take care Judy, Jose.
  • StacyGleaso
    StacyGleaso Member Posts: 1,233 Member
    jgomez said:

Happy Birthday Judy, I also celebrated my birthday in this month, 38 years. Three years ago I got out from the hospital on the same day of my birthday.

Take care Judy, Jose.

Best of luck on your testing today, Jose! We'll all say an extra prayer for you!

Stacy
  • andreae
    andreae Member Posts: 236
    Dear Judy,

A very happy birthday and wishing you many, many more to come!

Lots of love,
    Andrea
  • pattieb
    pattieb Member Posts: 168
    Happy Birthday Judy and many many more.
    Pattie
  • vanser
    vanser Member Posts: 100 Member
    I would like to add some more birthday wishes !!

Have a great 50th year and Keep being so strong !
  • spongebob
    jgomez said:

Take care Judy, Jose.

Muy buena suerte, amigo! Informanos como le va.

- RobertoEsponja
  • Happy, happy belated Birthday Judy.

March 10 was our great day because, like you, when my husband Bert was first diagnosed last August stage III, I wasn't sure if we'd be celebrating our 29th anniversary and my birthday together. Yay thee of little faith :o)

Monika, who as usual is a day late and a dollar short!
  • jgomez
    jgomez Member Posts: 25
    spongebob said:

Muy buena suerte, amigo! Informanos como le va.

- RobertoEsponja

I just want to say that my colonoscopy checkup went just fine. Nothing new, nor polypops. Thanks for your prayers.
    Jose
  • Galliano
    Galliano Member Posts: 46
    Dear Judy
    Happy Birthday! I was glad to read that you had a wonderful birthday, and I hope you have many many more! Please feel better soon!!
    Pam
  • spongebob
    jgomez said:

I just want to say that my colonoscopy checkup went just fine. Nothing new, nor polypops. Thanks for your prayers.
    Jose

Aye, que bueno!

Felicidades, Jose!