Vulvar cancer/repeat/depression

Comments

• cbryson
    cbryson Member Posts: 23
    dcarl said:

Cathy -

What's been going on? I haven't been on in what seems like ages. Our trip was wonderful, am ready to go back depsite the 10 hour plane ride!!
    I hope you are well. I read yor reply to the new message board. I think I'll write to Cathy also.
    I see my onc on Tuesday (9th). Am a bit nervous. I've had a lot of itching and bleeding on the left side now. Hope it's not what I think it is. Will let you know.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Diane

Hi, Diane,

Glad to hear your trip went well. Sorry to hear you are experiencing some of the symptoms we know too well. What did your doctor say? I am having a lot of pain in my groin area, both sides, but most especially on my left, where all the lymph nodes were removed. It's been going on quite awhile, and may just be because I've gained so much weight over the last couple of years, but they are gonna do a cat scan May 22nd just to check. It's a clutching pain sometimes and a sharp pain all the others. So I don't know, it it's not one thing, it's another. I've been getting more depressed, so my doctor has recommended I see a therapist for awhile, in addition to a slight rise in my anti-depressant. Some days I feel okay, some days I can barely get out of bed. You probably know how I feel.

Yes, I hope I gave the "other" Cathy some advice that helped her. She hasn't gotten back to me yet.

You take care and let me know what your oncologist said, okay?

Cathy
  • dcarl
    dcarl Member Posts: 41
    cbryson said:

Hi, Diane,

Glad to hear your trip went well. Sorry to hear you are experiencing some of the symptoms we know too well. What did your doctor say? I am having a lot of pain in my groin area, both sides, but most especially on my left, where all the lymph nodes were removed. It's been going on quite awhile, and may just be because I've gained so much weight over the last couple of years, but they are gonna do a cat scan May 22nd just to check. It's a clutching pain sometimes and a sharp pain all the others. So I don't know, it it's not one thing, it's another. I've been getting more depressed, so my doctor has recommended I see a therapist for awhile, in addition to a slight rise in my anti-depressant. Some days I feel okay, some days I can barely get out of bed. You probably know how I feel.

Yes, I hope I gave the "other" Cathy some advice that helped her. She hasn't gotten back to me yet.

You take care and let me know what your oncologist said, okay?

Cathy

Hi Cathy,

It's Back. There were pre cancerous cells in the biopsy. Doc wants to see me June 23rd. Will decide what to do then. Probably another laser surgery. Will get through it like all the other times.

I hope you are okay. What did the cat scan show? Are you still in pain? I'm glad you're seeing a therapist re: the depression. I am controlling mine through anti depressants alone. I try not to dwell on the cancer and try to concentrate on living life with as much energy as possible. As we all know, life is too short. Please don't think I'm making light of the situation, believe me, I'm not. I was there too.

Let me know how you are - mentally as well as physically.

Diane :)
  • cbryson
    dcarl said:

Hi Cathy,

It's Back. There were pre cancerous cells in the biopsy. Doc wants to see me June 23rd. Will decide what to do then. Probably another laser surgery. Will get through it like all the other times.

I hope you are okay. What did the cat scan show? Are you still in pain? I'm glad you're seeing a therapist re: the depression. I am controlling mine through anti depressants alone. I try not to dwell on the cancer and try to concentrate on living life with as much energy as possible. As we all know, life is too short. Please don't think I'm making light of the situation, believe me, I'm not. I was there too.

Let me know how you are - mentally as well as physically.

Diane,

I'm so sorry to hear that your biopsy didn't turn out well. I haven't had laser surgery; what does it entail? (The first time they did the radical vulvectomy/lymph node reomoval and second time, after chemo/radiation, did surgical removal of skin at cancer site). Please keep me updated. I wish you the best of luck. I'll worry about you.

I haven't actually gone to see the therapist yet. I go on the 21st (and then the the cancer guy for a checkup on the 22nd - when it rains, it pours!). She did send me a lot of paperwork to fill out - my entire physical and mental history, as it were, so I guess we're serious here. I'm still getting depressed, hiding in bed, etc., so I still plan to go.

Oh, the cat scan was negative, which they were thrilled with. I gotta tell you something tho: when I feel bad, and have this pain, and they do a test, and then tell me nothing's there, this is great, I don't feel that it's great. Do you ever feel that way? I mean, geez, there must be SOMETHING wrong if I'm having pain, right? So when they tell me nothing's wrong, I actually get more depressed because I feel like I'm bothering people and they think I am a hypochondriac. Crazy, huh? I guess I do need to see a therapist. (Weak HA, HA).

Well, we will be going to see our respective doctors the same week, so you let me know how yours goes and I'll let you know how mine goes. I'm glad I have you to talk to. Thanks for being there.

Cathy
  • dcarl
    cbryson said:

Diane,

I'm so sorry to hear that your biopsy didn't turn out well. I haven't had laser surgery; what does it entail? (The first time they did the radical vulvectomy/lymph node reomoval and second time, after chemo/radiation, did surgical removal of skin at cancer site). Please keep me updated. I wish you the best of luck. I'll worry about you.

I haven't actually gone to see the therapist yet. I go on the 21st (and then the the cancer guy for a checkup on the 22nd - when it rains, it pours!). She did send me a lot of paperwork to fill out - my entire physical and mental history, as it were, so I guess we're serious here. I'm still getting depressed, hiding in bed, etc., so I still plan to go.

Oh, the cat scan was negative, which they were thrilled with. I gotta tell you something tho: when I feel bad, and have this pain, and they do a test, and then tell me nothing's there, this is great, I don't feel that it's great. Do you ever feel that way? I mean, geez, there must be SOMETHING wrong if I'm having pain, right? So when they tell me nothing's wrong, I actually get more depressed because I feel like I'm bothering people and they think I am a hypochondriac. Crazy, huh? I guess I do need to see a therapist. (Weak HA, HA).

Well, we will be going to see our respective doctors the same week, so you let me know how yours goes and I'll let you know how mine goes. I'm glad I have you to talk to. Thanks for being there.

Cathy

Cathy,

Don't worry about me and the laser surgery. All they do is laser (burn) off the outer layer of skin so the cells are removed. Like I've said before, I don't think there is much feeling there anyway with all the other surgeries and all. Last time was a piece of cake.

Maybe all your pains are a product of anxiety? I'm no doctor... but just a suggestion. At least they're taking you seriously if they are running tests on you. Be thankful for that.

I'll talk to you in a few weeks.
    Take care of yourself.

Diane
  • cbryson
    dcarl said:

Cathy,

Don't worry about me and the laser surgery. All they do is laser (burn) off the outer layer of skin so the cells are removed. Like I've said before, I don't think there is much feeling there anyway with all the other surgeries and all. Last time was a piece of cake.

Maybe all your pains are a product of anxiety? I'm no doctor... but just a suggestion. At least they're taking you seriously if they are running tests on you. Be thankful for that.

I'll talk to you in a few weeks.
    Take care of yourself.

Diane

Hi, Diane. Yeah, I figure the pain is a result of anxiety because I worry about every little thing now. So probably therapy will help.

Good to hear the laser surgery is not too terrible. Hope all goes well and I'll wait to hear back from you when you're ready.

Take care yourself.
    Cathy
  • dcarl
    cbryson said:

Hi, Diane. Yeah, I figure the pain is a result of anxiety because I worry about every little thing now. So probably therapy will help.

Good to hear the laser surgery is not too terrible. Hope all goes well and I'll wait to hear back from you when you're ready.

Take care yourself.
    Cathy

Hi Cathy,

Well I'll be having another surgery in september. Doc said it's severe dysplasia about the size of a nickel. He's going to excise it rather than laser. I'll only be out of work a week. I had a feeling it was back.

How are things with you? I haven't written in a while. Have you seen the doctor since we last talked? Let me know how you're doing. Sorry I haven't been on for a while, you know how the summer is, you just hate to be indoors.

Talk to you soon I hope.

• cbryson
    dcarl said:

Hi Cathy,

Well I'll be having another surgery in september. Doc said it's severe dysplasia about the size of a nickel. He's going to excise it rather than laser. I'll only be out of work a week. I had a feeling it was back.

How are things with you? I haven't written in a while. Have you seen the doctor since we last talked? Let me know how you're doing. Sorry I haven't been on for a while, you know how the summer is, you just hate to be indoors.

Talk to you soon I hope.

Hi, Diane. Sorry to hear you've got another surgery ahead of you. Keep me posted on how you're doing, okay?

I went to my counseling (it turns out she's not a psychiatrist MD but a clinical psyhiatric social work - same diff, just less college. ANyway, Mary is very very nice and basically this first hour was just me telling her all the stuff I've been dealing with since my first cancer back in 1993. She is surprised I lasted so long before I started to talk to people for real. She wants me to stay on the Lexapro for now, and since one of my biggest problems seems to be that I can't seem to give up the hope that I am going to get better "down there," in direct contrariness to the obvious, she had me ask Dr Shaffer at my appt today if this was a lifelong condition (i.e., the itching, burning, sorenss etc from the radiation burns). He said yes, I will have some problem the rest of my life, altho some days will be better than others. And yet, I still can't seem to accept this. I want to (expect to?) wake up one morning and find I'm all well again. So, something to work on with the counselor. I have my dermatologist checkup in a couple of weeks. Then no more cancer stuff until next month. Sigh.

Well, you take care. I'm sure we'll be "speaking" again before your operation. Just to pump each other up, if nothing else! Love, Cathy
  • dcarl
    cbryson said:

Hi, Diane. Sorry to hear you've got another surgery ahead of you. Keep me posted on how you're doing, okay?

I went to my counseling (it turns out she's not a psychiatrist MD but a clinical psyhiatric social work - same diff, just less college. ANyway, Mary is very very nice and basically this first hour was just me telling her all the stuff I've been dealing with since my first cancer back in 1993. She is surprised I lasted so long before I started to talk to people for real. She wants me to stay on the Lexapro for now, and since one of my biggest problems seems to be that I can't seem to give up the hope that I am going to get better "down there," in direct contrariness to the obvious, she had me ask Dr Shaffer at my appt today if this was a lifelong condition (i.e., the itching, burning, sorenss etc from the radiation burns). He said yes, I will have some problem the rest of my life, altho some days will be better than others. And yet, I still can't seem to accept this. I want to (expect to?) wake up one morning and find I'm all well again. So, something to work on with the counselor. I have my dermatologist checkup in a couple of weeks. Then no more cancer stuff until next month. Sigh.

Well, you take care. I'm sure we'll be "speaking" again before your operation. Just to pump each other up, if nothing else! Love, Cathy

Cathy,

I am so glad you found someone to talk to. Sounds like you made some progress! Keep up with it.. You even "sound" better. I know we'll always have to deal with this situation, I always say, it could always look bleaker. there are so many people with life threatening illness that I can live with the discomfort. I certainly wouldn't want to trade places with someone terminal.
    Keep me up to date and I'll talk to you soon.

Diane
  • cbryson
    dcarl said:

Cathy,

I am so glad you found someone to talk to. Sounds like you made some progress! Keep up with it.. You even "sound" better. I know we'll always have to deal with this situation, I always say, it could always look bleaker. there are so many people with life threatening illness that I can live with the discomfort. I certainly wouldn't want to trade places with someone terminal.
    Keep me up to date and I'll talk to you soon.

Diane

Diane, Hi. Now I feel kinda bad. I know things could be much worse, and I'm glad they got all my cancer. But also feel so unhappy that I don't feel "good" anymore. Every day my cancer cite bothers me. I did take the counselor's advice and asked my doc if this was permanent, and he said yes, I would have some type of problem for the rest of my life due to the radiation damage on my vulvar area. All we can do is try different types of creams, etc. And yet, I still CANNOT accept this. I wake up each morning hoping that I will feel really good again, and I won't feel anything down there, and it NEVER happens. And yet, I can't give up the hope. It seems like if I do, I'll admit that I'm going to feel bad the rest of my life, and somehow I believe that that will crush me. So, I'll keep gong to the counselor, and try to make some progress. Hope you are doing okay. Let me know how things go for you. Thanks for listening. Cathy.
  • dcarl
    cbryson said:

Diane, Hi. Now I feel kinda bad. I know things could be much worse, and I'm glad they got all my cancer. But also feel so unhappy that I don't feel "good" anymore. Every day my cancer cite bothers me. I did take the counselor's advice and asked my doc if this was permanent, and he said yes, I would have some type of problem for the rest of my life due to the radiation damage on my vulvar area. All we can do is try different types of creams, etc. And yet, I still CANNOT accept this. I wake up each morning hoping that I will feel really good again, and I won't feel anything down there, and it NEVER happens. And yet, I can't give up the hope. It seems like if I do, I'll admit that I'm going to feel bad the rest of my life, and somehow I believe that that will crush me. So, I'll keep gong to the counselor, and try to make some progress. Hope you are doing okay. Let me know how things go for you. Thanks for listening. Cathy.

HI Cathy,

Just thought I'd check in on you - see how you're doing. I know what you mean about the irritation and itching at the site. Sometimes I can't stand it any more either. I can't wait for this next surgery, I'm hoping I'll be a bit more comfortable after it's all over. I'm really uncomfortable.
    Hope the counselor is still helping - if you're seeing him/her on a regular basis that is. I'm beginning to wonder if I should see someone too. I sincerely dread the thought of having sex. It is very uncormfortable and I just wish my husband would not want to. I hate feeling this way and am afraid to tell him. You know how mens egos are. I think their need for sex is greater too. Don't know what to do.
    Keep in touch.
    Hope to hear from you soon. Keep up the faith.

Diane
  • cbryson
    dcarl said:

HI Cathy,

Just thought I'd check in on you - see how you're doing. I know what you mean about the irritation and itching at the site. Sometimes I can't stand it any more either. I can't wait for this next surgery, I'm hoping I'll be a bit more comfortable after it's all over. I'm really uncomfortable.
    Hope the counselor is still helping - if you're seeing him/her on a regular basis that is. I'm beginning to wonder if I should see someone too. I sincerely dread the thought of having sex. It is very uncormfortable and I just wish my husband would not want to. I hate feeling this way and am afraid to tell him. You know how mens egos are. I think their need for sex is greater too. Don't know what to do.
    Keep in touch.
    Hope to hear from you soon. Keep up the faith.

Diane

Hi, Diane,

I have been seeing the counselor regularly, and it's actually helping. I am also having some family problems now, besides the health stuff, so it's nice to have someone neutral to talk to. She's very very patient and really listens, which my friends have all gotten tired of doing. So, I would recommend it to you, if you feel you need someone neutral to talk to.

I'm feeling a lttle better in the cancer site, but I'm still having problems with it. However, it's kinda being pushed into the background now as my Mother is about to run out of money, and we are trying to get her to realize she needs to go to a nursing home, and she basically is heavy denial. I also have new health problems with my blood pressure, which is causing blurry vision; sometimes I come home and can't see worth a damn. They call it Orthostatic Hypotension, or a sudden drop in blood pressure when you stand after sitting. It is not a "real" disease, so my doctor has to fiddle with my medications, which are the main cause of this. Sigh. And then one of my teeth fell right of my mouth -front tooth, naturally! So I look like somebody off of Hee Haw. Is life great or what???? How is yours? If you need to talk, just write me. I'm here for ya!

Cathy of the gap-toothed grin
  • cancersux
    cancersux Member Posts: 2
    Hi Cathy,
    I just felt the need to reply to your post from February. First, I can honestly say, "I know how you feel."
    My name is Sharon I am 45. I was diagnosed in April 2004 with squamous cell carcinoma that grew on my right vulva and in my rectum. I consider myself fortunate to have a surgeon who is very well known in this field. I had a partial vulvectomy and removal of 2 rectal tumors in April 2004. I asked them not to remove my nodes until my cancer was staged. When the pathology came back that it was stage 3 I had my right lymph nodes/groin removed in June 2004, the day after my 45th birthday. They were not cancerous. I am still recovering.
    My biggest fear is that my cancer will return or I will develop a secondary cancer. It consumes me, the fear is so real, I cannot get away from it. A side effect of my surgeries is that I get cysts on my vulva, every time I feel a lump I worry that it is cancer. My surgeon gave me a 2 year window....he says that is the time frame for having cancer again.
    I just want you to know you are not alone, and you can email me anytime.
    Take care, Cathy.
    Sharon
  • cbryson
    cancersux said:

Hi Cathy,
    I just felt the need to reply to your post from February. First, I can honestly say, "I know how you feel."
    My name is Sharon I am 45. I was diagnosed in April 2004 with squamous cell carcinoma that grew on my right vulva and in my rectum. I consider myself fortunate to have a surgeon who is very well known in this field. I had a partial vulvectomy and removal of 2 rectal tumors in April 2004. I asked them not to remove my nodes until my cancer was staged. When the pathology came back that it was stage 3 I had my right lymph nodes/groin removed in June 2004, the day after my 45th birthday. They were not cancerous. I am still recovering.
    My biggest fear is that my cancer will return or I will develop a secondary cancer. It consumes me, the fear is so real, I cannot get away from it. A side effect of my surgeries is that I get cysts on my vulva, every time I feel a lump I worry that it is cancer. My surgeon gave me a 2 year window....he says that is the time frame for having cancer again.
    I just want you to know you are not alone, and you can email me anytime.
    Take care, Cathy.
    Sharon

Sharon,

Thanks for the encouraging words; I kinda need them right now. I have started bleeding really heavily and clotting, so I'm going in for tests next week. So I know what you mean about being afraid of recurrances. I am always afraid, so much so, that I think I've become a bit of a hypochondriac now, in that any pain or whatever, I immediately associate with cancer. I am going to a counselor to kind of help me with this. But, unfortunately, family matters are now taking their toll as well: my Mother, who fell seriously ill a month ago, has been placed in a nursing home because she needs 24 hour care. I have to go to Kentucky in two weeks for a conference with medical staff and to shut down her retirement home aprt and sell her stuff, etc. So that kinda has me down right at the moment as well. I'm trying to keep the stiff upper lip thing going, but sometimes it is very hard.

I wish you good luck on your treatment and that you will not have a recurrance. Feel free to write me anytime you need support.

Cathy
  • dcarl
    cbryson said:

Sharon,

Thanks for the encouraging words; I kinda need them right now. I have started bleeding really heavily and clotting, so I'm going in for tests next week. So I know what you mean about being afraid of recurrances. I am always afraid, so much so, that I think I've become a bit of a hypochondriac now, in that any pain or whatever, I immediately associate with cancer. I am going to a counselor to kind of help me with this. But, unfortunately, family matters are now taking their toll as well: my Mother, who fell seriously ill a month ago, has been placed in a nursing home because she needs 24 hour care. I have to go to Kentucky in two weeks for a conference with medical staff and to shut down her retirement home aprt and sell her stuff, etc. So that kinda has me down right at the moment as well. I'm trying to keep the stiff upper lip thing going, but sometimes it is very hard.

I wish you good luck on your treatment and that you will not have a recurrance. Feel free to write me anytime you need support.

Cathy

Hey toothless!!

Sorry I've been away for too long, I just re-read your message and it made me laugh(about the tooth that is). I hope you're doing well. I see you are having a time with your mother. hope it' s all taken care of.
    I had surgery Sept 14th. One lesion removed and all was clear. Next check up in January.
    glad to hear the counselor is helping. I knew it would. I always think it's easier to talk to a third party than to try to express yourself to family or friends. Gives you an outside perspective.
    Keep in touch and I''ll try to do better myself.
    Take care,

Diane
  • cbryson
    dcarl said:

Hey toothless!!

Sorry I've been away for too long, I just re-read your message and it made me laugh(about the tooth that is). I hope you're doing well. I see you are having a time with your mother. hope it' s all taken care of.
    I had surgery Sept 14th. One lesion removed and all was clear. Next check up in January.
    glad to hear the counselor is helping. I knew it would. I always think it's easier to talk to a third party than to try to express yourself to family or friends. Gives you an outside perspective.
    Keep in touch and I''ll try to do better myself.
    Take care,

Diane

Hi, Diane, I was awfully worried about you. Am glad to hear things went well. Good luck on your checkup in January.

We ended up placing Mother in a nursing home as she needs 24 hour care now. While physically she is getting better, mentally she is lost, and they are tweaking medications to see if they can get her to come back. It's an off and on thing, so they don't think its Alzheimers at this point, just something that happened during her illness, or it may be her way of not dealing with being in the nursing home. We just don't know. I went down for a week in October, cleaned out her apartment, arranged for stuff to be sent back here and to my brother in Texas, signed papers, and visited her. She is stick and bones, under 100 pounds, but was as feisty as ever.

Unfortunately, right now, I am going thru a health crises of sorts. My labia started itching like made and was extremely painful when it was't itching, and huge red lines came up. Went to see Schaffer and he says was really bad ulceration, and he did a 15 min biopsy of entire labia area, and you know how painful that can be! Anyway, am suppsed to get results of biopsy this week, and am nervous as hell. It will be five years March 2006, and the last time this recurred, it was exactly to the month the five year mark. Anyway, I'll let you know what happens.

It's really good to hear from you again. I missed you. I'm awfully glad I "stopped in" tonight. Later, alligator, Cathy
  • mariejoyce
    mariejoyce Member Posts: 7
    Hi Cathy
    I am Mariejoyce from Northern Illinois. I would love to communicate with you as I was diagnosed with Vulva Cancer in July 2004. They did radical surgery on Sept 13 removing most of the left vulva & lymph nodes on both sides. The surgery wasn't too bad but I have had many complications such as Hemmoraging out one of the drain tube holes, a huge Hematoma in the groin area, & now blood seepage for 5 weeks from the incision where the lymph nodes were removed on the right side..
    Let me hear from you...
  • dcarl
    cbryson said:

Hi, Diane, I was awfully worried about you. Am glad to hear things went well. Good luck on your checkup in January.

We ended up placing Mother in a nursing home as she needs 24 hour care now. While physically she is getting better, mentally she is lost, and they are tweaking medications to see if they can get her to come back. It's an off and on thing, so they don't think its Alzheimers at this point, just something that happened during her illness, or it may be her way of not dealing with being in the nursing home. We just don't know. I went down for a week in October, cleaned out her apartment, arranged for stuff to be sent back here and to my brother in Texas, signed papers, and visited her. She is stick and bones, under 100 pounds, but was as feisty as ever.

Unfortunately, right now, I am going thru a health crises of sorts. My labia started itching like made and was extremely painful when it was't itching, and huge red lines came up. Went to see Schaffer and he says was really bad ulceration, and he did a 15 min biopsy of entire labia area, and you know how painful that can be! Anyway, am suppsed to get results of biopsy this week, and am nervous as hell. It will be five years March 2006, and the last time this recurred, it was exactly to the month the five year mark. Anyway, I'll let you know what happens.

It's really good to hear from you again. I missed you. I'm awfully glad I "stopped in" tonight. Later, alligator, Cathy

Cathy,

sorry to hear about your recurrance. Just when you thought you were hitting the safety zone... Let me know how it went. Will be thinking of you.
    I hope your mother is doing alright.
    I haven't been up to much. Getting over Thanksgiving and now preparing for Christmas. Can't believe it's december already.
    I'll be worrying until I hear from you. Write soon.

Diane
  • cbryson
    dcarl said:

Cathy,

sorry to hear about your recurrance. Just when you thought you were hitting the safety zone... Let me know how it went. Will be thinking of you.
    I hope your mother is doing alright.
    I haven't been up to much. Getting over Thanksgiving and now preparing for Christmas. Can't believe it's december already.
    I'll be worrying until I hear from you. Write soon.

Diane

Hi, Diane, A quick note to let you know my biopsy came out negative for cancer, thank God. It turned out to be a major infection/ulceration. So more atibiotics and creams. Oh Joy.

Am getting all ready for Christmas myself, though for the first time in almost twenty years, I will not be spending it with my Mom. I'm sending her some gifts and will talk to her by phone. Hope you have a great holiday season. Keep well, and we'll get back in touch after the New Year, okay? Cathy
  • cbryson

Hi Cathy
    I am Mariejoyce from Northern Illinois. I would love to communicate with you as I was diagnosed with Vulva Cancer in July 2004. They did radical surgery on Sept 13 removing most of the left vulva & lymph nodes on both sides. The surgery wasn't too bad but I have had many complications such as Hemmoraging out one of the drain tube holes, a huge Hematoma in the groin area, & now blood seepage for 5 weeks from the incision where the lymph nodes were removed on the right side..
    Let me hear from you...

Hi, Mariejoyce,

Hey, I'm from Central Illinois, so we are sort of neighbors! Sorry to hear about your situation and the complications that have followed. I know people hate to be told "I know how you feel," but in a way I do (as do others on this site). I actually didn't have any trouble at all with my first bout with vulvar cancer: operation went okay, no complications, and since they'd gotten it all, supposedly, no further treatment. It wasn't until my second bout and the chemo/radiation and etc that I began to have problems. But everybody is different. Are you going to have chemo/radiation after thay can get your other problems under control? If so, let me know how it goes; I will be here if you need a shoulder to lean on. I hope and pray that you get better quickly. Feel free to write me anytime you want.

Cathy
  • mariejoyce
    mariejoyce Member Posts: 7
    cbryson said:

Hi, Mariejoyce,

Hey, I'm from Central Illinois, so we are sort of neighbors! Sorry to hear about your situation and the complications that have followed. I know people hate to be told "I know how you feel," but in a way I do (as do others on this site). I actually didn't have any trouble at all with my first bout with vulvar cancer: operation went okay, no complications, and since they'd gotten it all, supposedly, no further treatment. It wasn't until my second bout and the chemo/radiation and etc that I began to have problems. But everybody is different. Are you going to have chemo/radiation after thay can get your other problems under control? If so, let me know how it goes; I will be here if you need a shoulder to lean on. I hope and pray that you get better quickly. Feel free to write me anytime you want.

Cathy

Hi Cathy
    Thanks for your reply to me. I am wondering if it is just me or there are others that are obsessed with our health problems. Every waking hour I am thinking that I have this thing robbing me of life. It is hard to even get excited over Christmas. Seems it just isn't the same as it always has been. Guess I am wondering if I will be here for the next one?? Wish there were some way I could look at everything optomistically....
    Mariejoyce