Hello Everyone!

cmcl
cmcl Member Posts: 78
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I can't believe how much happens in just 5 days on this site. I've been trying to catch up on everyone's news.
Welcome to all the new comers- you won't regret it. I wish I had joined from the very beginning.
Nanuk and Pattie- I went through the same treatment as the two of you. Some treatments were worse/better than others, if that makes sense. It was really never the same. Just listen to what your body is telling you and hang in there! Keep looking for the light at the end of the tunnel. Please let me know if I can help in any way.
As for me- I'M DONE!!!!!! My last treatment was on the Friday the 13th(I'm not sure what to think about that). Do I need to say how I spent my Valentine's Day? Just coming back to normal today. I made it through 7 months without even a sniffle. Would you beleive while receiving my treatment on Friday I sneezed and got a cold. I guess I had to go out with a bang. I'm just so glad it's over, but now comes the waiting. I'll have a PET and CT in a month. I just thank God for all the love and support I have received.
I plan on treating myself to a manicure and eyebrow wax on Friday!
I look forward to keeping in touch with all of you.
Carolyn

Comments

• andreae
    andreae Member Posts: 236
    Dear Carolyn,

CONGRATULATIONS! That's so awesome! Go out and celebrate and enjoy yourself, okay?! I know that you must not be looking forward to the wait that being off chemo brings but try not to worry and revel in life off of chemo!

Andrea
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    Carolyn -

Woo-Hoo! Congratulations! The waiting room isn't any fun, but there is so much in life to do to keep you busy! ENJOY!!

- SB
  • kangatoo
    kangatoo Member Posts: 2,105 Member
    spongebob said:

Carolyn -

Woo-Hoo! Congratulations! The waiting room isn't any fun, but there is so much in life to do to keep you busy! ENJOY!!

- SB

Well done Carolyn--am now in the waiting room with you--same day , friday 13th!
    Does that mean we are "brothers in arms?"
    The whole thing about coming off chemo is strange--in fact I cried---yup--me, a mere male!(keep yah comments to yerself SB!---he he)
    Just a bit like someone took away my safety net--but we'll be ok girl!
    luv n huggies, kanga n Jen
  • pattieb
    pattieb Member Posts: 168
    Carolyn,
    So glad to hear yours news. The wait will go fast(fingers crossed) Have fun with the wax job(ouch)
    Keep in tounch and let us know how you are doing.
    Hugs
    Pattie
  • kerry
    kerry Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Way to go!! I finished my chemo last July 9th. It is a scary thing to stop the chemo - I felt like my lifeline was cut, but I am feeling great now. I was graduated from once a month check ups to every other month check ups. Hooray!! Good luck and congratulations on making it through the chemo.

Kerry
  • 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    Carolyn!!

CONGRATULATIONS on finishing your treatments. So it is pins and needles until the CT PET?? Keep us posted.

Celebrate Life!

peace, emily
  • aspaysia
    aspaysia Member Posts: 250
    Congratz on getting through the chemo. I finished my second course one year ago. I did not have so much as a sniffle during the time that poison was in my system. Guess it killed all interlopers. Like Kerry I felt vulnerable when the treatment stopped since it was keeping the monster at bay. Didn't know if my body could handle things on its own. So far so goog.

If you miss the pain get a bikini wax.

Aspaysia whose bikini days are long gone.
  • nanuk
    nanuk Member Posts: 1,358 Member
    thanks Carolyn, and please go out and dance
    to shake out the remnants of that devil Chemo and all those DEAD cancer cells.. best wishes on PET pics. Nanuk