Death and Healing

2bhealed
2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Let the grieving begin. My FIL died middle of the night. We came home last night after my hubby and I were able to pray with/over him. He never regained consciousness after the surgery but was able to respond to some yes/no questions for a brief (hopeful) period. We left with hope on the surface but understood the possibilities deep down.

But I must say there was healing inthe waiting room the entire day. I went up there covered in prayer (I am a believer if you haven't figured that one out by now) :-) and I felt the peace of God completely. We cried, we laughed, we shared painful family baggage, we joked, we vented, we drew together as a family and I was actually welcomed in. It felt good and right. And healthy.

I so appreciate all the well wishes and emails and notes you have left on here. It is good to feel friends far and wide. :-)

The cancer had gone into his lymph so it would have been a point of decision but that apparently was made for him when the surgery took its toll.

Life is so precious. Don't WE know it!

Here I thought this would be the impetus for my hubby to heal with his father (who left them at young ages) but I, too, was healed with forgiveness in my own heart which was a beautiful gift.

Seize the day today y'all...if only because we can!

peace, emily who learned yet again that forgiveness begets healing that transcends all.

Comments

• pjenks57
    pjenks57 Member Posts: 112
    I am sorry for your loss but it sounds like the Holy Spirit came into your heart and made things easier to cope. My God be with you and your family. Thank you for your words of hope and keep on sharing with us.
  • KrisS
    KrisS Member Posts: 229
    pjenks57 said:

I am sorry for your loss but it sounds like the Holy Spirit came into your heart and made things easier to cope. My God be with you and your family. Thank you for your words of hope and keep on sharing with us.

Emily- I am so sorry to hear about your father in law. It is good to hear that your family was able to find light in friendship and hope in the midst of such sadness.

My prayers are with you and your family

Kris
  • Lisa Rose
    Lisa Rose Member Posts: 598 Member
    Emily & Family,

So sorry to hear of your father in laws passing. Take comfort in knowing that others understand how you are feeling. I know the days ahead are going to be difficult but the good lord gives us strenght, when we need it the most.

Always,
    Lisa
  • StacyGleaso
    StacyGleaso Member Posts: 1,233 Member
    Emily & Family,

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your Father-in-Law. You know he is in a much better place, and from your previous postings, he has lived a wonderful life.

My deepest sympathy to you,

Stacy
  • pattieb
    pattieb Member Posts: 168
    Emily & family
    So sorry to hear about your FIL we were all praying for you. Now is the time for healing. All of us semi colons are praying for you and your family in your hour of need.
    Hugs
    Pattie
  • nanuk
    nanuk Member Posts: 1,358 Member
    a better place indeed..I think that's why they call
    it passing. The difficulty is with those left behind. Bud
  • andreae
    andreae Member Posts: 236
    Emily and Family,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Know that you, your family and your father in law will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Lots of love,
    Andrea
  • Emily, thank you for your very inspirational post. I too am a believer, even at times when it seems very hard to believe. I am happy that you have found comfort and peace in sorrow and that old rifts were mended. God be with you in the days ahead as I know he will be. And your family has an angel with them...and that, dear Emily, is you.

Hugs,
    Monika
  • indydaughter
    indydaughter Member Posts: 21
    Emily,

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Indydaughter
  • 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member

Emily,

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Indydaughter

THANK YOU all for your kind words and prayers. We went back up that day and spent a few days with all the sibs going through his stuff, crying, reminiscing, and laughing at the funny stuff. Finding out a few family secrets to boot.

It is so helpful to have you all at times like this. Thank you.

peace, emily