LAUNCH OF THE MILITARY CANCER SURVIVOR'S DISCUSSION

spongebob
spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
After a little cajolling, I have convinced the CSN that there is a need for a discussion for military cancer survivors. The purpose of this discussion is to give military folks a safe place to go and ask questions about treatment, administrative issues, performance evaluations, etc. that are unique to military cancer survivors. If you or someone you care about are military cancer survivors, stop on over and say "Attention!". I have recruited Kat - a military attorney with 11 years of trial experience and Mike, an oncology nurse (NOT a doctor) to help out with technical stuff. As you may have gathered, I am an old dinosaur myself (23 years E-1 to O-4) with lots of experience at "working the system". We're here to listen, advise, let you vent or kick you in the butt of necessary.

Hoping to hear from you soon - active duty or retirees.

- LCDR SpongeBob

Comments

• pattieb
    pattieb Member Posts: 168
    SB there are a couple of people in chat who I think would like this kind of thing. I can't remember all their names but one is don, stacey might rememnber she was on I think the night they were talking about it. Good Luck
    Pattie
  • 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    SpongeBob YOU ROCK!!

Now tell me how you did it cuz I requested a discussion board for those of us who are using Alternatives so we have a place to discuss and compare our protocols and treatments, but they gave me a polite brush-off.

Tell me your secret sailor.

peace, emily
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    2bhealed said:

SpongeBob YOU ROCK!!

Now tell me how you did it cuz I requested a discussion board for those of us who are using Alternatives so we have a place to discuss and compare our protocols and treatments, but they gave me a polite brush-off.

Tell me your secret sailor.

peace, emily

emily -

The secret is being a pain in the arse - which I am told I do extremely well... I got the idea almost a year ago and addressed it to the csn webmaster. When I didn't hear back after a few months (I'm a patient man - sometimes), I sent an e-mail asking what's up. They responded that they were sorry, but they were in a bit of a state of flux (I think the old webmaster had or was in the process of being replaced) and they would get back to me shortly. Well after a couple more months of no reply, I contacted Jose ("csn guy") and he's really the one who got the ball rolling.

I recommend you contact Jose directly. I believe your idea for an alternative therapies discussion is a great idea! What jose will tell you is that they look for someone to be the "unofficial" host/manager of the discussion. Seeing as you are such a strong advocate, so well versed in alternate therapies and such a frequent visitor to the csn site, you are a natural!

Do what you tell your kids not to do, em, keep nagging until they get sick of hearing from you and set up that discussion - it's a great idea!

You GO, Girlfriend!

- SB
  • 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    spongebob said:

emily -

The secret is being a pain in the arse - which I am told I do extremely well... I got the idea almost a year ago and addressed it to the csn webmaster. When I didn't hear back after a few months (I'm a patient man - sometimes), I sent an e-mail asking what's up. They responded that they were sorry, but they were in a bit of a state of flux (I think the old webmaster had or was in the process of being replaced) and they would get back to me shortly. Well after a couple more months of no reply, I contacted Jose ("csn guy") and he's really the one who got the ball rolling.

I recommend you contact Jose directly. I believe your idea for an alternative therapies discussion is a great idea! What jose will tell you is that they look for someone to be the "unofficial" host/manager of the discussion. Seeing as you are such a strong advocate, so well versed in alternate therapies and such a frequent visitor to the csn site, you are a natural!

Do what you tell your kids not to do, em, keep nagging until they get sick of hearing from you and set up that discussion - it's a great idea!

You GO, Girlfriend!

- SB

Hey Sponger...I would probably be in there ranting and raving by myself haha!

cheers, emily