bloating and gas

pattieb
pattieb Member Posts: 168
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I have been having alot of problems with bloating of my belly area and gas also some pain which I know is just the gas. The onc has given me 2 different rx but they don't seemed to help. I have changed my diet to advoid things that will give me gas but so far it seems everthing does. Anybody have any suggestions.

Comments

• remission17yrs
    remission17yrs Member Posts: 9
    Dear pattieb.
    For alot of bloating and gas have you tried warm herbal teas? Also you might consider cutting out peanut butter, sugar and of course cut down at least on the known gas causers such as broccoli, cauliflower, and beans.
    I hope that helps!
    Hang in there, it does get better over time.
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    Ahoy, pattieb -

Sorry to reply so late... hopefully you'll see this posting.

giver of hope has some good advice. Now you have a legitimate reason NOT to have to eat your veggies. I have the same issue; Flatulance.

To be honest, it's something we'll probably have to live with for the rest of our lives. There is a product on the market called "Beano" that is advertised to cut down on the "unfortunate side effects of the food you love". I haven't tried it (much to my compatriot's olofactorial disdain), but maybe it would help. (?)

This weekend I attended a family reunion where there were deviled eggs (a weakness of mine). I learned this: STAY AWAY FROM DEVILED EGGS. Fortunately, there was no serious explosion or fire, but the people from the gas company did show up to check out the report of a gas leak.

You know, you can turn adversity into profit... In late 19th Century France there was a (relatively) famous performer who "whistled" various popular tunes. I am totally serious! I wish I could recall his name so I could prove it to you. Anyway, if Zamfir, Master of the Pan Flute can sell a million CDs, just think what you could do! And to think we all knew you when you were just lil' ol' pattieb.

Buy some Glade - your friends will love you anyway!

- SpongeBob ; )
  • pattieb
    pattieb Member Posts: 168
    spongebob said:

Ahoy, pattieb -

Sorry to reply so late... hopefully you'll see this posting.

giver of hope has some good advice. Now you have a legitimate reason NOT to have to eat your veggies. I have the same issue; Flatulance.

To be honest, it's something we'll probably have to live with for the rest of our lives. There is a product on the market called "Beano" that is advertised to cut down on the "unfortunate side effects of the food you love". I haven't tried it (much to my compatriot's olofactorial disdain), but maybe it would help. (?)

This weekend I attended a family reunion where there were deviled eggs (a weakness of mine). I learned this: STAY AWAY FROM DEVILED EGGS. Fortunately, there was no serious explosion or fire, but the people from the gas company did show up to check out the report of a gas leak.

You know, you can turn adversity into profit... In late 19th Century France there was a (relatively) famous performer who "whistled" various popular tunes. I am totally serious! I wish I could recall his name so I could prove it to you. Anyway, if Zamfir, Master of the Pan Flute can sell a million CDs, just think what you could do! And to think we all knew you when you were just lil' ol' pattieb.

Buy some Glade - your friends will love you anyway!

- SpongeBob ; )

thanks for the good advice lol. I love veggies though but i guess i will have to learn to live without some of them. Do you have a lot of bloating, my stomach sticks out so far sometimes i think i'm pregnut god forbid too old for that stuff lol.
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    pattieb said:

thanks for the good advice lol. I love veggies though but i guess i will have to learn to live without some of them. Do you have a lot of bloating, my stomach sticks out so far sometimes i think i'm pregnut god forbid too old for that stuff lol.

Well I wouldn't go so far as to say I look pregnant, but I do make sure I purge well before I do my swimsuit modeling shoots! ; )