Danny's goodby

together
together Member Posts: 13
I don't know if this is the right place to say this, but I felt a strong connection with this web site in the battle of fighting my son's hodgkins disease. All of you gave me his mom, much strength, compassion and the ability to help my son keep fighting. However to our saddness he had a very agressive hodgkins, and on Sept. 9, 2003, my son went home to God. He did not suffer, and was surrounded by a lot of love. He never gave up hope and fought all the way to the end. For a person that only lived 25 years, he touched many many lives. He was a devoted son, father, husband, and friend. We all love him and will miss him very much. I hope this does not freak out people going through hodgkins my son had a very agressive kind most don't and hodgkins is the one that they can cure in most cases, my intention was to say good by for my son, who received a lot of inspiration from this wonderful web site, live life now, and never give up. My prayers are with you all. sincerely Debra

Comments

• mc2001
    mc2001 Member Posts: 343
    Thank you very much for sharing that beautiful message of love, and hope. I am so sorry about his unfortunate passing. You are very right, there are many good medicines and techniques to help fight and cure cancer but unfortunatley we havent quite found cures for all the types and degrees of cancer. You are in our prayers. God bless.
    -Michael
  • dpomroy
    dpomroy Member Posts: 135
    mc2001 said:

Thank you very much for sharing that beautiful message of love, and hope. I am so sorry about his unfortunate passing. You are very right, there are many good medicines and techniques to help fight and cure cancer but unfortunatley we havent quite found cures for all the types and degrees of cancer. You are in our prayers. God bless.
    -Michael

Debra,
    I'm sorry. Danny was lucky to have you for his mom. You were also there fighting to the very end. I believe that he is your guardian angel now. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Deb (I have a son Danny too!)
  • sherra
    sherra Member Posts: 41
    I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Our prayers and thoughts are with you during this difficult time. Thank you so much for being an active participant on this website, Danny could not have asked for more in a mom.
  • chris24
    chris24 Member Posts: 3
    I will keep Danny in my Heart and Mind as I begin my Battle with this disease!!! He is an inspiration to all of us. I am sorry for your loss, but do know that he touched my life and I never met him. We all will get through this together. I underwent my first round of chemo yesterday and am still waiting for all the tests to come back for my Stage.

God Bless.

Chris
  • mhagg
    mhagg Member Posts: 2
    God bless you and your family. I feel for your loss. I was diagnosed five years ago this week and after dealing with the initial shock, I constantly worried about my mom. Parents should not see their children go through this. I can not imagine what you have gone through, but just know how much your son loved you and appriciated your strength and love.