HELP ME

florinavoicu
florinavoicu Member Posts: 4
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
MY MOM HAS COLON CANCER, STAGE III.SHE IS 50. VESICA INVASION . HAD SUGERY. NOW SHE HAS STARTED CHEMO AND RADIATION. WE LIVE IN ROMANIA. I NEED TO HELP MY MOM GET WELL. SHE WAS GIVEN 5FU AND LEUCOVORIN IN HER FIRST SESSION OF CHEMO. IS IT GOOD? ARE THESE GOOD DRUGS? I NEED HELP FROM YOU ,THE SURVIVORS. YOU GAVE ME HOPE THAT MY MOM IS GOING TO LIVE. PLZ TELL ABOUT THE FOOD THAT YOU ATE, THE VITAMINS , AND IF THESE ARE GOOD FOR CANCER. I ADMIRE YOU ALL FOR YOUR STRENGTH.

Comments

• 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    I had stage III colon cancer also.

The foods I ate are just as important as the ones I avoided. While your mother is battling colon cancer, in my opinion, she should not eat any meat whatsoever. Meat becomes toxic in the colon since it moves through so slowly. Another VERY important thing that your mother should NOT eat is any sugar whatsoever. Nothing. Cancer feeds on sugar. STARVE the cancer. No sugar.

What I did eat...and continue to eat....raw vegie juice--fresh. This is full of live enzymes which is important to healing a sick body.

I took many supplements for various purposes. Here are a few:
    calcium
    coQ10
    vit E
    vit C
    selenium
    alpha lipoic acid
    melatonin
    B12
    Multi
    EPA (fish oil, flax, primrose, borage oils) ******

***very important

I did not do any chemo so I can not tell you if the drugs are any good. All I know is that my sister did the radiation and chemo for my same cancer and she died four years after her diagnosis. I did not want to have her same outcome so I chose a different approach which is all holistic, alternative medicine. I focused on healing my body and supported what it will do rather than kill cells.

I wish you the best for your mother. I know what it is like to have a loved one with cancer and to have it myself.

emily
  • fandaj
    fandaj Member Posts: 81
    I have stage 2 colon cancer and had 20 inches of the colon removed. I am 56 years old and so far have had 4 chemo sessions with the same medication as your mom. No one has told me to change my diet in any way. I try to eat a balanced diet. Keeping a positive attitude is important and having someone to care about you. Ask her doctor about eating recommendations. Best wishes, fandaj
  • wildcat
    wildcat Member Posts: 40
    Listen to your doctors and ask them these questions. Your mom is on the same treatment the top cancer centers in the U.S. would do. ASK QUESTIONS. My prayers are with you and your mother.
  • sweetpeapappas
    sweetpeapappas Member Posts: 2
    Dear friend, my mom was treated with 5FU and it worked to shrink her cancer mass I believe it is good drug. A bit of advise is to make sure that it is not spreading to the lympnods (glands) there are tests that the Oncologist can order for her. I want to comend you for taking on the roll of care giver for your mom she is very blessed to have you. And I am sure you know to always, no matter what stay positive, not only for her but for you.
    God bless you and your mom.