Please Help!

dperkins
dperkins Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
I am posting this in a few of the bigger Discussion Groups. My Step Father has cancer in his throat. He's showing signs of improvement and for this Christmas, I was hoping to give him a Christmas card with stories from cancer survivors. If you are a survivor and would like to share your story, please e-mail me at Fatkid98@aol.com or post your story if you would like. Thank you very much and God bless.

Comments

• betty2
    betty2 Member Posts: 91
    Hey all you Lung cancer people lets go to the chat room and talk . I'v had Lung cancer 2 times so I know some of what you are going through, even though i never had to have any treatment but surgery.
  • dmsmike
    dmsmike Member Posts: 5
    I had surgery Febuary 1998 to remove the lower portion of my left lung due to spots that were detected on an x-ray. After six hours of surgery my wife found out that they had to remove the whole lung. I then had 33 sessions of radiation therapy and was told there was a 15 percent survival rate. Well here it is almost five years later and I am still cancer free. I am unable to work because I still have breathing problems. During the same period of time my wife was diagnosed with MS and now is in a wheel chair most of the time but she still works. I could tell you a lot of other things that have happened during this period of time but I think most people would think I was making it up. To make a long story short my wife and I have always just looked around us and we could always see someone worse off than we were and our love for each other and our son.
  • hollywooder
    hollywooder Member Posts: 19
    betty2 said:

Hey all you Lung cancer people lets go to the chat room and talk . I'v had Lung cancer 2 times so I know some of what you are going through, even though i never had to have any treatment but surgery.

I never see anyone in the chat room. The one time I did and entered, I discovered that I was intruding on a private discussion. I would love to discuss some of my concerns and love to share what I have been through and offer whatever support that I can. Margaret
  • betty2
    betty2 Member Posts: 91

I never see anyone in the chat room. The one time I did and entered, I discovered that I was intruding on a private discussion. I would love to discuss some of my concerns and love to share what I have been through and offer whatever support that I can. Margaret

Hi Margaret, Just send me an email as I never see anyone in the chat room either. I too have had lung cancer in both lungs (different kinds of cancer 3 1/2 yrs apart. My last bout was in 1991. so you see I have been clean several yrs. But It certainly changes the way you think about a lot of things. I would love to hear from you.
    betty2 jodnns@aol.com
  • hollywooder
    hollywooder Member Posts: 19
    betty2 said:

Hi Margaret, Just send me an email as I never see anyone in the chat room either. I too have had lung cancer in both lungs (different kinds of cancer 3 1/2 yrs apart. My last bout was in 1991. so you see I have been clean several yrs. But It certainly changes the way you think about a lot of things. I would love to hear from you.
    betty2 jodnns@aol.com

Betty,
    I tried sending you an e-mail at betty2jodnns@aol.com and it indicated an invalid address for aol??? and I couldn't find a profile under betty2 search...so, I'm responding here. Send to me and I'll respond. mbnevada@aol.com
  • airodd23sgal
    airodd23sgal Member Posts: 3

i hope you have sense found the chat room to be helpfull. i went there for the first time and it is very nice. good luck and god bless