I need some help please

horseluver444
horseluver444 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Skin Cancer #1
I have to do a school project about melanoma skin cancer, the assingment calls for me to interview one or two people. I need to know how you had it treated, your thoughts on the cancer, and how you think it changed you and your life. Thank you to all who reply
horseluver444
(Katie)

Comments

• ameerz
    ameerz Member Posts: 3
    My husband has melanoma. If I can help you let me know.
  • gnail
    gnail Member Posts: 35
    If I can help you in any way I will. E-mail me at gnail@sky.net.
  • inkognita
    inkognita Member Posts: 9
    My initial melanoma was detected on the side of my left knee approximately 4 years ago. It was shaved off, sent for pathology, and upon the diagnosis, wide excision was performed with subsequent skin graft. The margins were deemed clear, so no further treatment was advised. Approximately 10 months later, one of my inguinal lymph nodes became enlarged and was surgically excised and found to be recurrent melanoma. Subsequent excision of 8 other lymph nodes revealed one more positive node. I began Intron (Interferon) therapy. I was only able to take 3 months of this drug due to impending liver failure. Prescribed course of treatment had been 1 full year. My long-term prognosis was not particularly good. I am now facing possible recurrence and have had abdominal CT scan showing a mass in my right adrenal gland. Subsequent PET scan results are not yet available to me.

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
  • gnail
    gnail Member Posts: 35
    inkognita said:

My initial melanoma was detected on the side of my left knee approximately 4 years ago. It was shaved off, sent for pathology, and upon the diagnosis, wide excision was performed with subsequent skin graft. The margins were deemed clear, so no further treatment was advised. Approximately 10 months later, one of my inguinal lymph nodes became enlarged and was surgically excised and found to be recurrent melanoma. Subsequent excision of 8 other lymph nodes revealed one more positive node. I began Intron (Interferon) therapy. I was only able to take 3 months of this drug due to impending liver failure. Prescribed course of treatment had been 1 full year. My long-term prognosis was not particularly good. I am now facing possible recurrence and have had abdominal CT scan showing a mass in my right adrenal gland. Subsequent PET scan results are not yet available to me.

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

We are all certainly pulling and praying for you.