Pancoast Tumor

evans
evans Member Posts: 12
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
Has anybody dealt with nerve damage and/or Horner's Syndrome as a result of their superior sulcus tumor?

Comments

• CaitlinKW
    CaitlinKW Member Posts: 2
    I had a pancoast tumor removed in July, 2002. I have exensive neurological problems and a mild case of horners syndrome. Mostly the horners is something to entertain the docs with, smaller pupil and a little eyelid droop. I use eyedrops to keep my eye moist and that is fine. Neurontin (gabapentin) is easing the neurological pain and allows me to be narcotic free. Hope this helps.
  • bpearson
    bpearson Member Posts: 13
    CaitlinKW said:

I had a pancoast tumor removed in July, 2002. I have exensive neurological problems and a mild case of horners syndrome. Mostly the horners is something to entertain the docs with, smaller pupil and a little eyelid droop. I use eyedrops to keep my eye moist and that is fine. Neurontin (gabapentin) is easing the neurological pain and allows me to be narcotic free. Hope this helps.

Hi Caitlin, I see that you had a pancoast tumor in 2002 and had it removed. Please respond, if you can, and let us know how your health is now. My husband has just had a good report after his chemo/radiation therapy. He was inoperable, but they still got a good result for him. It would be nice to hear from someone that has long-term survival from this disease. I would appreciate any thing that would be useful for us to watch for. I hope that you are well. Sincerely, Bonnie Pearson
  • LAlexander71
    LAlexander71 Member Posts: 1
    bpearson said:

Hi Caitlin, I see that you had a pancoast tumor in 2002 and had it removed. Please respond, if you can, and let us know how your health is now. My husband has just had a good report after his chemo/radiation therapy. He was inoperable, but they still got a good result for him. It would be nice to hear from someone that has long-term survival from this disease. I would appreciate any thing that would be useful for us to watch for. I hope that you are well. Sincerely, Bonnie Pearson

hi Bonnie

I have been reading your posts .My hhusband was just diagnosed with a pancoast tumor and hornets syndrome in October this year.  This of course after 3 misdiagnosis, very frustrating. He just finished treatment but we are have issues now with swelling in feet face and the left hand where tumor was compressing those nerves.  I am searching for survivors to help him see that we can kick this.

If you are still on can you reply.  Thank you,

LynnDee Alexander

• Austin_Marshall
    Austin_Marshall Member Posts: 3
    Dear LAlexander71,
    First, I

Dear LAlexander71,

First, I would like to tell you how very sorry I am about the scary news about your husband....

Now, I want to tell you something very important -- EVERY person is unique in their ability to fight this disease and the treatment options available now are different for everyone.

• dennycee
    dennycee Member Posts: 857 Member

hi Bonnie

I have been reading your posts .My hhusband was just diagnosed with a pancoast tumor and hornets syndrome in October this year.  This of course after 3 misdiagnosis, very frustrating. He just finished treatment but we are have issues now with swelling in feet face and the left hand where tumor was compressing those nerves.  I am searching for survivors to help him see that we can kick this.

LynnDee Alexander

13-14 years is a long time so she may no longer be active- which you figured out.  Sorry.  There are two other sites I might recommend that you can get input from patients and caregivers, the second from patients caregivers and oncologists from many of the countries leading cancer centers.  The first is inspire.com, the second is cancergrace.org. 

If you do get some answers there would you please drop us a note and let us know what they said? 

• kgossel
    kgossel Member Posts: 1

hi Bonnie

LynnDee Alexander

My husband was diagnosed with

My husband was diagnosed with a pancoast tumor in Oct of 2015 after being treated for possible rotator cuff problems for 2 months, he has now recieved radiation and chemo, but no one seems to be able to do surgery, to extensive, I am scared to death as to what happens next, treatment has done wonders , as of his last PET scan tumor has shrunk dramtically, but he has erosion of ribs and thoracic spine, looking for moral support and information that might be helpful to us both

thank you all kgossel